The Sewing Place

Liberty fabrics on Birmingham Rag Market

SingingSinger

Liberty fabrics on Birmingham Rag Market
« on: January 13, 2018, 15:40:36 PM »
I had a trip to Birmingham Rag Market today - the first time in ages - and spotted a "new to me" stall in the indoor market with a wide range of liberty fabrics. They seemed to start at £8 for Tana lawn, going up in price for the newer and in season prints. I bought some nice Liberty print stretch denim at £12 a metre to make some shorts for my hols.  :fabric:  0_0
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 15:47:54 PM by SingingSinger »
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

UttaRetch

Re: Liberty fabrics on Birmingham Rag Market
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 15:52:06 PM »
'Liberty print stretch denim' :P.  Show me. :D

SingingSinger

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 16:23:14 PM »
This is it. It has 2% stretch. No liberty branding on the selvedge but it looks nice enough :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 16:32:40 PM by SingingSinger »
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 19:51:51 PM »
I had some gorgeous jersey from them a few months back.  They're for real
C'est moi!

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 13:54:47 PM »
Please do you know which days this stall is open?  I see a half term excursion in my future.

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 15:50:18 PM »
The market days are Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  I'll be there on Saturday with a bunch of sewing friends fo rmuch shopping, mutual enabling, and lunch [plus some drinks afterwards]
Can you make it then?
C'est moi!

Pearl

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 16:34:47 PM »
Oooh, I'd love to go on one of DF's Rag Market tours, but sadly can't do Saturday.  Maybe next time?  Thanks for the info.   :flower:

Miss Blossom

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 18:46:33 PM »
Sadly, the stall has now gone, the stallholder just wasn't making a viable profit and is now selling on eBay. Thought I would mention this in case anyone is planning a trip. There are lots of lovely fabric bargains still to be had in the Rag Market, especially on Tuesdays, but I was sad to see this particular stall go (although it will do wonders for my bank balance!)