The Sewing Place

Ideas please Darksiders

Iminei

Ideas please Darksiders
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
C'mon Darksiders,

I need ideas of what you would like to see going on in the Darkside this year.

Competitions ? Mystery Quilt ? Quiltalongathon ? ....

Anything Darkside goes!

We have a new year of TSP BOM going and just decided on a mid-month PP BOM !!! Woo Hoo !!!

But its your ideas and involvement that matter and will make 2018 a Great year for the Darkside at TSP!

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

StitchinTime

Re: Ideas please Darksiders
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:08:53 AM »
I enjoyed making a mini quilt for TSP Bear. Would there be enough interest for a mini quilt swap amongst darksiders?

Alternatively we could infiltrate other areas of TSP by being mug-rug/coaster angels and offering to make a mug-rug or coaster for non-darkside members of TSP. These could be posted as a large letter within the UK and wouldn't be too costly to send abroad (participants could indicate if they were willing to post internationally).

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 10:21:25 AM »
I like the mug rug idea.... or something else small and useful.
A Mug Rug swap?

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »
Anything which brings us together..... lapquilts based on restricted colours..... cushion competition....blockswap.....anything to get us going and talking over ideas together.
I like the idea of bom and ppbom and even an applique bom for those who are clever enough.... it gives the rest of us some ideas for the future  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 13:01:32 PM »
A joint enterprise quilt for a charity.  Each person does a block, someone volunteers to join them, someone to add borders, someone to quilt and someone to bind.
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 18:10:30 PM »

maliw

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 20:08:38 PM »
Sorry no ideas whatsoever. Sewing/P&Q mojo has gone, can't even be bothered to go into the sewing room. This bug has so much to answer for.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Fiona M

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 20:20:32 PM »
How about something aimed at non quilters, to tempt us over?  Some kind of easy beginners quilting tutorial type thing, maybe involving a little competition?

Iminei

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again