The Sewing Place

Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON

UttaRetch

Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON
« on: January 21, 2018, 19:00:51 PM »
The Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show is now being advertisedGroupon is selling tickets at £6, BUT this is only for the first day and after 3pm.
What goes around comes around.

b15erk

Re: Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 14:01:55 PM »
Too far for me UR, but look forward to hearing from those who do go.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 14:09:37 PM »
I posted more in hope, but experience has shown that there is very little interest in the London leg of the Knitting & stitching shows.  I have already secured a £10 ticket from an agency.  It will be interesting, however, to see given that companies can no longer levy a surcharge for paying by card, how much tickets cost from the organisers this year.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 14:15:54 PM »
I'm going again, my husband is coming with me as he really enjoyed the embroidery & arty stuff when we went in October!  0_0

We want to go with the late night opening (1st March) but we want the full day so the Groupon deal's no good for us either. I got our last tickets from the agency you suggested, have you used the same one?
Aka Jacky F in a former life...

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 17:24:02 PM »
@Marniesews: I bought my ticket from here as they were the cheapest I could find when I started searching for tickets.

Olympia is a smaller venue, so there won't be as many exhibitors.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 17:25:49 PM by UttaRetch »

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 19:41:36 PM »
I'm going with Mum as she got a deal for £25 including coach travel. Hoping I can get a good value ticket somewhere, but need it for the Sunday.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 19:59:11 PM »
Olympia is a smaller venue, so there won't be as many exhibitors.

It will be plenty for us. It was the first show that I went to and the size suited me better than Ally Pally which we didn't quite get around fully.

We've also discovered we can get a train direct to Olympia from Milton Keynes with free parking if we park in the coachway & get a bus in with our free bus pass. 🙂 A much easier return journey too than the drive home from AP.

Thanks again for the info UR.  :)

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »
@Francesca: look at the link I posted for Marniesews.  I don't think you will find cheaper unless you have secret industry insider knowledge.  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »
@Francesca: look at the link I posted for Marniesews.  I don't think you will find cheaper unless you have secret industry insider knowledge.  0_0

Excellent thanks! £10 a ticket is not too bad at all. And it'll be a nice day out anyway. I have a travelcard so I don't have any extra costs.

Will you be going? What day? Maybe if there are any TSPers going on Sunday we could have a coffee.

Shame that the Knitting & Stitching audience is not quite close enough to the work my company does. We usually get free tickets to things like Stylist Live and The Clothes Show.

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
Just got my tickets using your link @UttaRetch . Many thanks!  Really looking forward to it. :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 13:09:03 PM »
@Marniesews: glad to help.
@Francesca: that is a good price and the same as I paid last year from a different ticket agency.  I always go on the first day of the exhibition as I don't have the constraint of paid employment or negotiating with HR for a day off.  0_0