The Sewing Place

SWAP

DementedFairy

SWAP
« on: March 11, 2017, 22:22:15 PM »
Anybody else taking part in this year's Stitchers' Guild SWAP compretition?  I don't know how many of you are also members there, but maybe some of you might be interested in seeing my entry for last year.  I'm inordinately proud of it, and blogged the whole process quite thoroughly between December 2015 and April 2016 when the competition closed.
I came first equal!  I never won anything, so I was very very happy.  Can you hear me blowing my trumpet still?
If you didn't see it, and want to, here are links to my blog post where I showed the entry pics, AND the full album of our photoshoot on IMGUR.
Blog:
https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/shoot-to-kill/
IMGUR album:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/3Gfzt"><a href="//imgur.com/a/3Gfzt">View post on imgur.com[/url]<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 22:47:31 PM by DementedFairy »
C'est moi!

Efemera

Re: SWAP
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 22:40:17 PM »
I followed your progress last year, some fabulous garments but it's  too much of a commitment for me..I'm basicly lazy..

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »
Your outfits were amazing - I followed you over there, but I'm letting that forum go now - I find them a teeny bit, clique-y and get fed up talking to myself! Not all like that of course, but much prefer here!  I couldn't do anything that convoluted or organised either - no time. 
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:41:38 AM »
Your outfits were amazing - I followed you over there, but I'm letting that forum go now - I find them a teeny bit, clique-y and get fed up talking to myself! Not all like that of course, but much prefer here!  I couldn't do anything that convoluted or organised either - no time.
I haven't been on it enough to notice the clique-y thing, but I do find 'conversation' on there tricky, with those HUGE SWAP threads.  I tended to go on, post my progress and blog links, then drift off.  At least it kept me sewing!  There was plenty of impetus last year, the task itself was quite complex, as interpreted by me, the colour-based rules worked well for me, and I had the goal of getting a sizeable steampunk wardrobe ready for August.
This year's rules, because they have been made very simple to encourage more 'entries', have not inspired me much. And keeping to maximum 8 patterns is a bit boring, as I don't make many repeat items as a rule.  I'm also restricted by the 'overs' category, as they can't all be coats or jackets.  If you don't normally wear cardigans or waistcoats, it rather blocks you...
 I hoped that by making it for the missus, I would get more drive, but making everyday clothes is, well, everyday.  Maybe it will be finished, maybe not, but I'm deep in the doldrums since finishing her coat, so still only 3/11 items done.  Not likely is it?
C'est moi!

Lyn-J

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 17:32:40 PM »
Anybody else taking part in this year's Stitchers' Guild SWAP compretition?
I was...
Then SG went down... and I started kitting....  then I was slightly poorly for week so..... then here we are...
oh dear! me and sew-alongs don't seem to go together.  :(
Off to check out you "Wife-Swap" (Really DF!) for this year!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 17:38:32 PM by Lyn-J »

Lyn-J

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 17:37:01 PM »
I find them a teeny bit, clique-y and get fed up talking to myself! Not all like that of course, but much prefer here!  I couldn't do anything that convoluted or organised either - no time.
Oh I don't find them  clique-y  but maybe if you posted and no-one could think of a reply you weren't answered.  That happens to me on all the forums

Lantana

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 15:59:19 PM »
Wow DM what gorgeous outfits! Congratulations on winning ... what a talent!

:vintage:

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 22:13:44 PM »
Oh I don't find them  clique-y  but maybe if you posted and no-one could think of a reply you weren't answered.  That happens to me on all the forums

Hee hee - maybe I just talk rubbish then! I tried to post only when I thought I was contributing  or relevant, but obviously not!   Still, can't expect to get on with every forum can you? ( No need to answer!!LOL)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sewgorgeous

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 21:47:11 PM »
Your outfits are amazing, you've been a busy lady!

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 22:07:44 PM »
Thankyou!  I'm still trying to kickstart myself to get this year's entry on target.  WAYYYYY behind right now, but at least I got the one pair of trousers 2/3 done today, despite numerous interruptions!

3/11 items done...and only til the end of April to finish.  It's not looking likely at my curremt rate of sewing...
C'est moi!