UttaRetch

Vogue Spring patterns
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:46:11 AM »
From the American site.  I like

1579, which has an early 60's vibe

b15erk

Re: Vogue Spring patterns
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:54 AM »
Ooooo, I love 9293, and 9299 although I can't think when I would wear either.  It gives me and idea for the sleeves on my shirtdress though.....  ;)

Thanks UR!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

lakaribane

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
1579, which has an early 60's vibe

Thanks for the link! Tough week at work, I had made a mental note to check after the sale (they seem to post new collections after a big seasonal sale), and totally forgot, of course!

This is exactly the shape of dress that I LOVE!!! In fact, love most of that row!

But at 21 patterns, rather small no?

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 13:45:36 PM »
Vogue Vogue Vogue my favourites

I liked lots of these but most would be dreadful on me, so I skipped merrily on.  There were several that I liked that WOULD suit, but are close to ones I already have.  The Brenne trousers drew me in, but looking at the weird front pockets close up I flinched away.  No one needs all that happening at foo level.
I'll [eventually] get 9300 and 9303 I suspect...
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 13:53:09 PM »
DF, I thought 9305 would be your thing.  It has that 'scatty teacher' vibe.  If you thought taught art, it would be perfect.  0_0
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 16:15:18 PM by UttaRetch »

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 13:59:04 PM »
Nope- the sleeves are vile, and that sash round me belly?  I'd look like a pudding ready for steaming!
C'est moi!

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 14:11:05 PM »
Bit disappointed in this release. Thought the Tilton patterns were very like all the other Tilton patterns I already have so I will probably give them.a miss. The Brenne trousers are strange.

I liked the Julio Cesar jacket although it looks as though it would benefit from cutting a size or two smaller than usual. The appliques are very dramatic. I made a JC shirt from last year's Vogue patterns and it turned out really well.

The vintage Vogues are quite sweet though not on me. They would be a good way of using up all that vintage Liberty fabric that as come to live with me.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewingj

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 15:13:16 PM »
I like the 9300 but I do have a similar Butterick Tilton - which I suspect was a lot cheaper than a Vogue pattern.  I might be tempted if there was a particularly good sale!

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 16:14:26 PM »
@DementedFairy: you've gone crosseyed, woman.  This

is 9305.

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 16:21:44 PM »
lol I sort of like it but it would swamp shortarse me don't you think?
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 16:24:18 PM »
 0_0  0_0 The model looks about 9ft tall.  I'm only a couple of inches or so taller than you, so it's probably not for me either and besides the neckline is too high for my big chest - yes, I know I could alter it, but ...

DementedFairy

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 16:28:56 PM »
They do seem to make necklines either bra revealing or up to the chin don't they?  I normally just scoop a bit more out or I look like a ship's figurehead...
C'est moi!

LeilaMay

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 17:25:01 PM »
Well I don't know what I'm looking for - but it wasn't any of that  :(

mudcat

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 01:31:11 AM »
I don't find any of the new ones compelling.  I have so many Tilton patterns and these aren't unique enough.  I usually like the Brenne designs but not this one.  The line drawing looked OK but they look awful on the models.  I used to like Betzina but the last two seasons aren't doing it for me.  Saves me a lot of money I guess.

Tamnymore

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 12:02:20 PM »
Yes, I don't know what has happened to he Betzina. I like the fit but not the patterns - or at least not now. I quite like the drama of 9305 but the top is very plain - no darts and rather blocky sleeves. I'd have to be convinced it would fit well - maybe people would be too busy looking the skirt to notice whether it fitted on top. I too would probably scoop a bit out of the neckline.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde