Re: Procrastination topic # 32
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 10:08:14 AM »
Yep, I can see 3D.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

BrendaP

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 10:38:33 AM »
O
Imself liked the squares when I laid them out like this ....

I agree with Mr Imi and I can see the optical illusion of horizontal stripes coming forwards or going back.

IMO the reason why the floaty squares image works so well is because those squares are all just one piece of fabric, and mostly small overall patterns.  Trying to do the same with striped squares will fight with the floating effect.

If you are thinking that not having the sashing etc will make a smaller than desired quilt then just make a few more striped blocks and cut them up.  Do that before you join the blocks so that any different fabrics are distributed evently, though randomly, throughout.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 11:23:47 AM »
I agree with Brenda, except that I can't see any 3D or movement effect  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 11:41:42 AM »
Do you remember those 'Magic Eye' puzzles that you had to stare at until an image suddenly jumped out at you?

If you stare at that last picture for a while the horizontal stripes suddenly jump forward, and the vertical stripes jump back and it becomes 3d.  Incredible!   8)

Really ??? I think thats just you hon xxxx

No Acorns right .. it jumps
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz