The Sewing Place

One Pattern Three Ways - TSP's first competition in 2018

Ravingdoll

Re: One Pattern Three Ways - TSP's first competition in 2018
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2018, 12:22:37 PM »
That’ a lovely dress.  I’d definitely wear that one.  Are you sure this competition isn’t make one dress for three people?! 

DementedFairy

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »
I'm itching to start this one
I wonder if I have room for several in my wardrobe?
 :devil: :loveit:
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2018, 13:38:54 PM »
Your wardrobe must be bursting, missus. 0_0  I don't where you put everything you have already.

DementedFairy

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2018, 13:41:00 PM »
I keep getting fatter so things have to leave!
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2018, 14:05:50 PM »
 0_0  0_0  0_0

DementedFairy

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2018, 14:10:26 PM »
C'est moi!

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2018, 14:10:58 PM »
@Goth Gardiner  - Can it be put right or can it become a design opportunity?

Turns out it was the zip itself or rather me mistreating it.  I did as some instructions say and pressed it
.. out of shape.  Tried again. This morning with another, umpressed zip which went in fine.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Efemera

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2018, 17:18:17 PM »
Progress.. Ava dress pattern taped, toile made.. needed a FBA and dart adding. Second toile made OK. Fabric cut out, barely enough, nearly forgot the sleeves. It’s a wool, silk , cotton mix, it’s been through the washer so it should be OK.

Greybird

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2018, 22:51:43 PM »
DF if your post (with the black and white garments) had been anonymous, I would have known it was yours. Looking forward to seeing them!

Manuela

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 00:04:03 AM »
Photo attached again - as requested by Acorn and Manuela.  There appears to have been a techie gremlin get into the works.
Fabulous dress, love how you played with the stripes  :loveit:

Efemera

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2018, 21:54:01 PM »
The Ava  dress was going so well.. my arms are too fat!..not enough fabric to cut more so have had to bridge them.

Francesca

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2018, 22:17:42 PM »
Oh I had so many plans for this but just not enough time. I'm committed to finish my quilt first and that's this weekend's job so I dunno if I'll manager three items :/

Manuela

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2018, 00:47:42 AM »
@Francesca , remember you have until March 31st  :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »
I'm just about to have a cutting-out day, as I completed panel 4 [of probably 5 wah] of the cathedral window quilted panels for my skirt.  Each panel takes 12-15 hours of handsewing and pressing, maybe more.  So BORING how do you quilters keep doing the bloody things?
Anyway
I MIGHT make Style ARc Lani tunics- although the pattern itself has only one variation, it's so good for piecing that three tunics could look very different...and I have that cool maths fabric, some lovely monochrome animal print stuff, and a mad piece of Ursula print, so they could be fun [not all on one tunic of course]
Other option is to revert to the Tom and Linda Platt one- trousers already cut out for SWAP [I think @Manuela  said cutting out early is OK?] and then 2 more cowl neck tunics...but I have so much woven fabric in stash, not a lot of knits.  It does suggest making it on the bias, but that would take a LOT and I generally only buy 2m lengths.  Hmmm
The easy option would be B6287 to stash bust lots of scraps
OR that Brenne pattern V9114 as I have some cool red crinkle cotton/linen blend which would be nice to make up as the trousers option, and I love the skirt so much that a couple more wouldn't hurt.  Would it?
All those options!
C'est moi!

BrendaP

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »
My version 2 of McCalls 7084 has gone rather pear shaped and needs a bit of thinking about.

I've eliminated the button band, and put a zip at the back, and although I was careful to measure the extra little bit from the seam lines to CF the front panel is a good inch too wide  :S  I can't really unpick, not only have the princess seams all gone together nicely but I don't have enough fabric left to recut the section.  The excess width is enough to cut down the middle and make a CF seam but it will probably look odd  -<  decisions, decisions.

The striped dress will probably remain unfinished for a while; there's only buttons and buttonholes to do but I'll probably wait and have one big buttonholing session.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.