' I was so annoyed I cleaned both the fridges'

0_0  0_0  0_0

Why haven't I got two fridges and do I need to get another?  :[
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Fajita

Re: Quote of the day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:48:36 AM »
I don't think I've ever been annoyed enough to think of cleaning!

But if ever I was I've got two fridges. The second is a small one that only gets switched on around Christmas time.

Sewingsue

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 07:49:54 AM »
Priceless
and so Jennifer.

OK, how many Archers listeners do we have?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

justpottering

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:55:56 AM »
I used to listen loyally to every episode and catch up if I missed any, I was also part of the Archers forum, but it was closed to save money, and although there's an official fans site it's not the same, the forum was more like this place where lots of topics could be talked about not just the Archers.
I sort of went off it when they killed off Nigel  :( is the soap any better for it, not at all
These days I catch it when I can, and it's mostly if I'm in the car when it's on, it's not difficult to catch up with the story lines these days but I can miss it and not mind at all
JP

justpottering

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:01 AM »
I don't think I've ever been annoyed enough to think of cleaning!

But if ever I was I've got two fridges. The second is a small one that only gets switched on around Christmas time.

To be fair I do have two fridges in a way, one is our camping fridge, and yes it too comes into play at Christmastime, not so much for home but to help store the millions of chocolate hazelnut truffles and chocolate yule logs that I make for customers
But Im sure Jennifer uses two proper fridges all the time  0_0
JP

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:22:00 AM »
I have 2 fridges! But I don't often clean them...we don't have room in the kitchen for a big fridge so have an overflow one in the utility. At this time of year, the whole utility room is a fridge though.
Mary

Vegegrow

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:30:33 AM »
I gave up the Archers when Rob Titchener started the insidious bullying of Helen.. I thought why would I want to listen to this and turned it off. I may have listened to it 3 or 4 times since that story finished but that's about it.. I just don't bother anymore.. Fridges.. I have one large fridge a Larder which is like an Ice box at this time of year and an industrial fridge in the barn which is a veg store
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »
I only have one (unless you count the one at work), but I try to clean it every week - simply because my OH is a 'date watcher' - so I have to make sure he isn't throwing out stuff that he shouldn't!

I like the Archers, but some of the recent storylines have been daft.  I think the rot set in when the killed off Nigel.....  :'(

Jennifer is quite special though :S, but I think my favourite is Lilian.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 09:14:38 AM »
I have two fridges (one is out in the workshop, in my Soap Kitchen) and I do clean the house (rather aggressively) when I'm angry.   :angry:

I've never listened to The Archers, although I would rather like to - I just think I'd end up missing a lot of it.   -<
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »
I have two fridges (one is out in the workshop, in my Soap Kitchen) and I do clean the house (rather aggressively) when I'm angry.   :angry:

I've never listened to The Archers, although I would rather like to - I just think I'd end up missing a lot of it.   -<

Gosh @Acorn - do you make soap??
I used to make it quite often, the cold process stuff, with sodium hydroxide; I loved the kitchen chemistry that was involved!
I keep meaning to dust off my stick blender, and make some more. 
I nurse unloved vintage Berninas back to health and then just cannot bring myself to part with any of them... 807, 830, 840, 530-2, 930, 910, and a modded 717 in a Singer treadle base.

BrendaP

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »
I chose two small under counter fridges in preference to one bigger one which would have reduced the amount of work top space.  They haven't been in use long enough to need cleaning yet.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
I have one under the counter fridge  :(
I never listen to the Archers but do read the written synopsis every day. I am a member of Mustardland ( took over from BBC's board ) and an Archer's FB group. I'm glad Pip is keeping the baby, but wish they'd get rid of some oldies....surely Joe, Peggy and Jill wouldn't be so active at their ages  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 09:51:45 AM »
@Madame Cholet Yes - and lotions, hand creams etc and a rub for creaky knees.  I haven't done much for a few months because I keep sewing instead (inside, where it's warmer!) but I do need to make quite a few things.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Nevis5

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
I'm a two-fridger, too - two small under the counter ones.  I'd rather have had one large one but it wouldn't have fit into the kitchen (the second fridge is in the utility).  DH uses the second one as his beer fridge unless I can get to it first and reorganise it so we can store stuff like, food in it  ><.  I hate cleaning both of them as they're both practically floor level but I do it as regularly as possible, especially as Mr Nobody appears to spill beer all over the shelves quite a lot...

I've never really listened to The Archers, but keep meaning to....

Efemera

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:58 AM »
2 fridges...a larder fridge in the kitchen and an ancient fridge with tiny freezer in the garage. Only clean them when there’s a suspicious smell or hairy green things lurking in the bottom!..never listened to the Archers.