The Sewing Place

Quiltfest Llangollen

maliw

Quiltfest Llangollen
« on: February 07, 2018, 13:57:40 PM »
If anyone is near Llangollen the Quiltfest is now on
http://www.quiltfest.org.uk/
I knew nothing about this until I met some ladies at FOQ 18months ago, I went last year with DH and really enjoyed it. The room had a couple of exhibitions, quite a few entries from abroad and some stunning work. Non were the size of a bed, more like wall hangings. There was a smaller exhibition at the local museum - these were miniature works - again well worth a look. I'm hoping to go again this year, don't know when but it is on for a month. Well worth a visit if you aren't too far away.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Madame Cholet

Re: Quiltfest Llangollen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 23:41:28 PM »
I had a free afternoon yesterday and went with a friend. We both had a lovely time and every quilt was just stunning.
@maliw thanks so much  :)

maliw

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:39 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it, still planning to go, need to get rid of this infection. I can't believe that its the middle of February this week.

maliw

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 17:34:34 PM »
Went today, some lovely work, very inspiring. Much of the work were much bigger pieces than last year.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 00:11:10 AM »
I took photos of the quilts on display - I asked the co-ordinator first if it was OK for me to do this, and she said yes as long as they are for my own use.
I'd really like to post a few here though. I'm not sure my pics are clear enough to read the labels next to them which state the name of each quilt's creator, and I feel awkward about that tbh. And I haven't posted any to date on account of what the co-ordinator said.
What do peeps think??

fajita

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 01:13:14 AM »
If I remember rightly the gallery is only open to members, so viewings will be restricted to the select few. 

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:32 AM »
Well I'd like to see them ... what a very strange attitude to have.  -<
Surely if you put your work in an exhibition you want people to see and admire it ???

Why not make an album and post a link ??? Then people can choose whether they want to view them.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 08:47:25 AM »
Usually when people say photos are for your own use they mean that they shouldn't be made publicly available.  Were they selling postcards or similar showing some of the quilts?  That could be a reason for not wanting photos floating around.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

maliw

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 17:16:36 PM »
I too asked one of the stewards if I could take photos and she said 'Yes there's nothing to say you can't' and there was nothing about that they were only for my use. So ?????

Madame Cholet

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 21:17:17 PM »
I'll pop a few photos up on this thread when I have uploaded them to imgur, probably over the coming weekend. Watch this space!  :)