The Sewing Place

Stabilising shoulder seams (knits)

arrow

Re: Stabilising shoulder seams (knits)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 01:45:58 AM »
Sometimes the right type overlock seam can give enough hold, other times I use plain bias biding or fish bone weave ribbon.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 11:53:59 AM »
Another one who saves those ribbon hanging loops, and uses them sometimes for shoulder seams  0_0

But have you noticed how many people wear tops with them hanging out of the arm holes?  I so want to tell them they can (and indeed should) cut them off!

Francesca

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 13:25:30 PM »
Another one who saves those ribbon hanging loops, and uses them sometimes for shoulder seams  0_0

But have you noticed how many people wear tops with them hanging out of the arm holes?  I so want to tell them they can (and indeed should) cut them off!

You've shamed me as I just looked down to find I was exhibiting one such loop and have now cut it out.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 16:37:04 PM »
You've shamed me as I just looked down to find I was exhibiting one such loop and have now cut it out.
Hahaha, you've made my day, well done  0_0

sewingj

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 16:41:23 PM »
At Christmas one of the "celebrity" University Challenge competitors had a ribbon looping across the top of her shoulder - I couldn`t concentrate on anything else

Gernella

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »
I found some interfacing on Ebay that was about half and inch wide and in the middle there was a 'string' running through it.  Nearly run out now but prior to that I just used half inch cotton tape.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included