The Sewing Place

Good God has no one started yet??? Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Iminei

Good God has no one started yet??? Happy Valentines Day!!!!
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:55:30 AM »
Where are you all ????

Surely not still snuggled up with your loved one ??? If you are, you are excused!

The rest of you, get up you lazy baggages!!!
Its c..c..c..c..c..cold outside but the sun has put its hat on and provided a suitably romantic sunrise and what looks like a nice sunny day.

I absolutely have to do something with the sewing/art/craft/wardrobe/spare room today (lock it and throw away the key seems a really good idea) as its really starting to upset me!

Its only a small pile of 'stuff' but its on the floor (still ...  :S) and directly in front of the wardrobe so I can't get in ... which means all recently washed clothes are piled up in the laundry basket  .....

Basket ???? (Ok, its a stackable crate from B&Q) ... which further means I cant wash any more clothes as I wont be able to transport said clothes to the tumble ...

I think that's what a Catch 22 is, that small pile of 'stuff'

I'll just have a hot drink to warm me through first and maybe a peek at FB ...

Have good days Peeps!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Efemera

Re: Good God has no one started yet??? Happy Valentines Day!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:17 AM »
Up early doors today..off over the Pennines to visit DD, she’s got endoftermitis!

Sandra

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:21:34 AM »
'Single Awareness Day' for me.  <3

I have a shirt alteration to get on with, and two dresses to shorten. I'm going to try to make my FPP Heart into a cushion for my daughter for when she gets back from school. I have all the bits needed and it's pinned and ready to be stitched. I wish I'd got my own machine to stitch it on...I'm going to have to attempt buttonholes for the back fastening and I've not tried to make them before on this machine.

Hopefully, when I've finished,  it will be a nice surprise for her.

I have a lady visiting this morning for fittings and collecting a couple of alterations I've done for her. I'll probably lose an hour or so by chatting to her. She's a lovely lady and I'm always more cheerful when she's been, but she gives me some really odd, 'funny' jobs to do.  :S

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »
Wish you were nearer to me Sandra, I could give you some alterations/repairs (why can't I sew???? )

When you get to the buttonholes, practice on a gash bit of fabric first ... but you knew that didn't you ??!!!  ><

Update Update Update

The Sun has gone back to bed and left the Wind to it for the day :(
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:17:12 AM by Iminei »

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
Brrr - cold with grey sky and no sign of the sun coming out today so I had better get on with the skirt, so far have finished off the seams of the front with bias binding so about half way. I hope I finish it as I would like to wear it next Wednesday when I go on a coach trip to Ely Cathedral and to see the snowdrops at Chippenham Park. Not much else planned for today so I forsee an early cuddle up after lunch with cat and book, I'm reading "Little Face" by Sophie Hannah, Ive only just discovered her novels and am liking them.
Formerly known as Junemarie

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 09:08:33 AM »
Morning
Dry and windy here, but we are promised some form of precipitation later, not sure if it will be rain or snow.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 11:03:37 AM »
I found a Valentine's Day card tucked under my pillow as boyfriend left the house at 6am, so that was nice :)

Has to put my phone in for repair and having a mare of a morning trying to sort out the spare one I'm using.

Also fell asleep on the train this morning so feeling very meh.

sewingj

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
OH and I don`t really go in for Valentine`s Day - the last time I got flowers was in 1986 but that was mainly because I had given birth the day before!  That baby is now 32 and very miffed that it is difficult for her to go out for a meal on her birthday because resturants are full of couples prepared to pay over the odds (she says I should have hung on for a few more days)

I`m having the morning looking at my father`s finances and working out how many more weeks he can afford to be in the care home at £1100 per week!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:33:25 AM by sewingj »

Missie

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »
Well I'm seeing my new man tonight but not sure if we are going out or staying in, cos I hate paying over the odds for a meal, just because it is Valentine's.  However as I was worried about seeming churlish, I did say was happy to go out.  Have sent him a little valentine's message........but he has yet to reply, which is most unlike him   -<

Otherwise it is cold, very cold and grey in the loft today!

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
I`m having the morning looking at my father`s finances and working out how many more weeks he can afford to be in the care home at £1100 per week!

:o It would be cheaper to put him on a cruise ship .....  :)

Yes Valentines is the preserve of the young and newly enamoured .... and I wouldn't like to go out on Valentines because of the extortionate mark up on everything and anything deemed romantic. We might go out at the weekend for lunch tho'.

@Missie , maybe your beau is waiting for the flowers to be delivered before he responds ??!!

Imself jokingly printed out a value Tesco's card at the weekend,

but took it up to Rugby with us and there it stayed ...  no cards through the door today ... and though I know its ridiculous, and I haven't got him one, I am ... just the littlest bit ... miffed! sigh !

I did tho' make him a lovely (I think) cushion from February's Occasional Paper Pieced Block of the Month

Can you tell Im still procrastinating about the Catch 22 upstairs???
but in my defence I have cleaned the cooker and the oven and am thinking of the kitchen floor...

What is stopping me ??!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:57:01 AM by Iminei »

Sewingsue

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »
Morning
Dry and windy here, but we are promised some form of precipitation later, not sure if it will be rain or snow.
Weather update - the precipitation has arrived and it's snow.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

hernibs

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
After a superb day yesterday with stunning sunset today is the exact opposite.  Wind and rain...just horrible.

No Valentine's celebrated here either.....I don't expect it and would not want anyone to pay over the odds for flowers, cards or food.

Number one son was here - he is off to the butchers to buy two steaks - that's his contribution to Valentines......and his wife approves of a good steak dinner.

maliw

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »
Cold and wet here. Card from DH, we went shopping earlier and were watching men buying flowers. "Do you want some?" said DH, "No thank you" was the reply. If you need to ask ----------. I don't like flowers for Valentines Day or Mothers Day because the prices are ridiculous and anyway if people can't be bothered for the rest of the year then why is one day so special? Some of the flowers looked as if they wouldn't last more than a couple of days. 
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Samantha

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »
We do card and token gift (box of chocs usually), although this year my husband also got me a rose - a bottle of Rock Rose gin which is delish! (Although I will have to share it with him). And we also do one of the supermarket meal deals, Tesco this year, it's more an excuse though to drink and have steak mid week though really rather than anything romantical!   :toast:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 14:07:47 PM by Samantha »

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »
We're having steak for dinner as well tonight  0_0 Though the romantic dinner means I'll have to clear the sewing dining room table.