The Sewing Place

Good God has no one started yet??? Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Ellabella

Re: Good God has no one started yet??? Happy Valentines Day!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 12:38:10 PM »
DS's 40th today, much more important than Valentines's day.

Though he never wants to go out on the night itself as its full of loved up couples.

I have DGSs all day 5 & 2, we are off to the cinema this afternoon, wish me luck!
Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire

Mama likes to make

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »
Steak for dinner here too but it will have to wait till after DS1 gets home from training and do will be a late one!
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

b15erk

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 13:12:29 PM »
I'm late here today - things kept me busy....

Weather is abysmal - wind, rain, and bitterly cold.

Had my bouquet earlier, and it's lovely - I won't be asking what it cost though!

Off to DD's later, so just picked food up - steak, chicken, and some Nachos (because I like them).  Cutting corners tonight with quick cook stuff as DD isn't feeling so good, so picked up vacuum packed rice and some garlic and coriander Naans (for with the chicken curry, and chicken and pepper sauces I made at the weekend).  Apple pie and custard to follow and the job's a good 'un!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Missie

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 13:25:45 PM »

@Missie , maybe your beau is waiting for the flowers to be delivered before he responds ??!!

Bad Girlfriend Alert!  (can I be called that?  Am I not too old to be a girlfriend?  ><)  He had a doctors appointment..........and I completely forgot!  Still we are off out for an Indian later!

Manuela

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 13:37:01 PM »
Last day of work before the Chinese New Year break. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, we're all packed and off to Thailand in the morning. Can't wait for warmth and sunshine  :D

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 15:07:41 PM »
Can't wait for warmth and sunshine

You and me both; its 5 chilly degrees in DDD with a bitter fine rain here, and there'll be no warmth or sunshine for us in Blighty for us poor peeps for at  least another 3 or 4 months!

Yup! Im still procrastinating!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

justpottering

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 15:50:43 PM »
@Iminei whenever I have a job like that the rest of the house is sparkling as I clean and tidy-up as if we were expecting visitors all those jobs that I usually ignore become vitally urgent  0_0

afternoon everyone just home from a day at dads it is soooooooo cold in our old drafty 17th century cottage felt all the more keenly by my dads house being overly warm I was in a t shirt there, got a jumper and a cardi on here  :S

@Acorn just read about the curtains, bugrit, hate it when that happens

enjoy the restof the day everyone
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Francesca

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 16:19:14 PM »
Bad Girlfriend Alert!  (can I be called that?  Am I not too old to be a girlfriend?  ><)

I started occasionally saying "partner" as I felt boyfriend sounded odd. Until a colleague pointed out that I'd said both "partner" and "boyfriend" and should just stick to one. I told them I had both  ;)

My friend makes a point of saying "lover" because she enjoys how uncomfortable it makes people feel.

twopence

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 16:44:52 PM »
After the card I was given this morning perhaps I should refer to OH as “lover”.  Had two bouquets of lovely flowers - not valentine ones - which look lovely together.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 16:54:52 PM »
And finally I get here!  After putting together the hanging rails and shelves for the walk-in wardrobe yesterday, today was building a tall cupboard for the entrance hall.  Only a large chest of drawers and a small drawer unit to go now.
The builder called yesterday, gave me his final bill, and he's finally gone.  Will we miss him after 6 months of him being here?  No!!  We still have the plumbers to entertain us for another day or two anyway.
Oh, and the weather here is yuk.  In fact it's double yuk.  Very windy and rather wet.  No hot tubbing tonight again, and the new bath isn't plumbed in and wired up yet  :(

Edit: forgot it was Valentines Day, but then we don't do anything anyway, although reading about all the steaks lined up for tonight, I have just put a 30-day-aged-taste-the-difference beef joint in the oven.  Purely a coincidence that it's today.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 16:57:30 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

BrendaP

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 18:21:21 PM »
Valentine's day not celebrated here either.

We did have lunch out - which we often do, and after that went to collect boxes and boxes of Threads books.  Most of them are stacked under the table in my new study, there are a few in a corner of the bedroom plus a stack of comps copies ready to post and a couple of advance order parcels.

Knackered now, but I got some seville oranges in todays grocery delivery so I really should be making marmalade now.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

justpottering

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 21:32:15 PM »
We don't do Valentine either although we did go dancing tonight but as we go every Wednesday I guess it can't be labelled a romantic gesture  0_0

I did ask him earlier where my chocolates and flowers were, then said seriously everyday is like Valentine with you sweetheart to which he replied sheepishly yes, you don't get chocolate and flowers any other day either  0_0
Just as well I love him  <3

JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea