The Sewing Place

Weekly treats?

b15erk

Weekly treats?
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »
Well, these 'weekly treats' are causing me a headache. On a Saturday, when I do the banking for work, I pop in to my local fabric emporium. I don't need anything, but it's so lovely to go and have a natter with the girls, and customers, then have a peek at any new fabrics, or fabric which I have previously overlooked.  Invariably, several lengths of fabric finds its way into my bag.....

And here is the problem - I am running out of places to hide store my fabric purchases.

I got up early this morning and freed up enough space for the last few weeks purchases, but I may have to voluntarily ban myself from my Saturday diversion, until I've used some fabric up.

Is there a cure?  I do hope not.....:)

I'd just better get sewing!!

:sew: :pin: :thread: :trousers: :pattern: :vintage: :snip:
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

Re: Weekly treats?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
Might be a silly suggestion but:

I always used to go out on a Saturday to my local sandwich place (back in Canterbury) and would buy myself a big sandwich, coffee and cake. It ended up being about a tenner and also not good for my waistline.

Instead I now spend £5 at the Chinese herbal shop where they do those chair massages for ten minutes. I love it and so look forward to it every few weeks. Better than buying food and cheaper too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:36:30 AM by Francesca »

Bloobell

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
My weekly treat is a yoga class. I've not been for a few weeks due to family matters, but returned to it yesterday evening and it was wonderful.....

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:04:50 AM »
No weekly treats, as I get paid monthly, so tend to have a little online shopping binge on payday.  Then again, now I don't work Wednesdays [which means my monthly binges will have to reduce sharply], I DO get an extra lie-in midweek, which is blissful.
That will do, pig! :) :P
C'est moi!