The Sewing Place

Liberty tana lawn -cheap!

Tamnymore

Liberty tana lawn -cheap!
« on: March 13, 2017, 17:42:33 PM »
Now that I have your attention....

I guess this could go into favourite online suppliers but I thought you would like to know that Katsfabrics on eBay is the eBay shop of Standfast and Barracks (that famous purveyor of Liberty just off the M6). Their normal range of tana lawn works out at about £11.50 pm inc postage, which is pretty good, but they often have special offers.

At the moment they have 2m of Tom Daley at £16.40, 3m of Phoebe at £18 and 3m of Karm at £18 (all include p&p). http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Katsfabrics/LIBERTY-PRINTS-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=12&_sid=178161086&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=2&_sc=1

They are also super quick at posting. They only sell in (up to) 3m chunks cos of Liberty rule about selling seconds. The fabric is slight seconds but I've never noticed any flaws in the few (oh all right, many) pieces of lawn I've had from them.

And if this wasn't enough of a bargain I see that Liberty itself has a half price sale of some of its lawns www.liberty.co.uk

No excuse for not taking liberties.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Swisslass

Re: Liberty tana lawn -cheap!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 18:23:07 PM »
Must not look, must not look....

Tamnymore - I've decided on a pilgrimage to Burnley at Easter, will I find liberty tana lawn here? They sometimes have it in Fabworks but it wasn't very exciting last time I was in. S&B is too far. I'm going to hold out until easter, it's lovely stuff to sew with.
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 18:24:12 PM »
Fab Post...Thank you very much Tamny!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 18:48:10 PM »
Swisslass, I believe that there's no Liberty in Immanuels but I have no doubt that a pilgrimage to the 'church' will not be in vain and that you will achieve spiritual enlightenment and a big stash of fabric.

I agree that Fabworks doesn't have a huge amount of Liberty but they do have plenty of other temptations.  :devil:

maliw

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 19:42:29 PM »
I've had some tana lawn for years and I don't know what to make with it. It is a tiny floral print and I'm not sure it's quite 'me'
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »
Maliw - it's always nice stuff for summer blouses and tops and great for summer dresses - think 'tea' dresses.

My little parcel of loveliness, ordered from Katsfabrics yesterday lunchtime, has arrived this morning - less than 24 hours after ordering which is pretty good for free p&p. I ordered the karma print. It has a black (or v dark brown, I can't decide) background with turquoise paisley swirls - very tasty!

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 18:57:21 PM »
Just noticed that katsfabrics on ebay has several '3m for £18 inc postage' lengths of Liberty lawn newly listed so for those of us who don't have enough Liberty in our lives (and that's all of us, right?) it is worth a little look at all that luscious Libery loveliness....

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 21:42:02 PM »
I've had some tana lawn for years and I don't know what to make with it. It is a tiny floral print and I'm not sure it's quite 'me'

Use it for lining, or make into lovely bias tape for seam finishes. 
C'est moi!