The Sewing Place

Hello everyone

Daisy Jane

Hello everyone
« on: March 14, 2017, 15:15:52 PM »
Hi, so nice to be here. I too was a member of TSF so I'm so pleased to be able to see names I recognise. I live in sunny (sometimes) Weymouth down on the Dorset coast. I make classical tutus and also tutu headresses....just love the sparkle really. Looking forward to reading everyones posts.

:toast:
Lover of tutus and all things sparkly. ......and the odd glass of the red stuff.

Marniesews

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 16:02:07 PM »
Hi Daisy Jane and welcome to The Sewing Place from a fellow maker for dance.

There's already a lot of ballet stitchers here, you'll be delighted to see, so us ballroom people are going to have to get a bit more active to get our big skirts swirling amongst those perky tutus!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 18:59:23 PM »
Hi and welcome home.  :D

I think I'm the only flamenco maker on here, but if you like you can group me with the ballroom-ers, Marnie
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 19:03:56 PM »
... if you like you can group me with the ballroom-ers, Marnie
Very happy with that - definitely lots of fabric wrangling in both.  :devil:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Topstitched

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 19:31:26 PM »
Hi DJ
We've met in person at a few of the TutusThatDanceSeminars, lovely to meet up virtually here too.

I'm another lover of sparkly things - dare I say sparkle addict?

Welcome  :)

Seam Stress(ed)

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »
Hello!  Have we met before?   :D

Daisy Jane

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 17:18:31 PM »
Mmmmm now let me think.....possibly at seminars or could it be the social events in the evening. Good to see you here Stephanie
Lover of tutus and all things sparkly. ......and the odd glass of the red stuff.