The Sewing Place

The Rant Thread

Francesca

Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2017, 10:36:33 AM »
Boyfriend let me use his credit card to buy TWELVE BRAS. No, not keeping them all sadly haha. But my size is hard to find in the shops so I usually get little choice. I've ordered 12, that's 6 bras in two sizes each. So I can try all of them on though I can probably only afford to keep one for now, but at least I'll know the styles I can order in the future :)

wrenkins

« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »
Hmmph! I'll bet you he didn't!  :(

wrenkins

« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »
HaHa that reply wasn't to you Fran, it was about the poor lady with only one set of knickers!!!  :D

dolcevita

« Reply #408 on: June 13, 2017, 19:12:08 PM »
It's rare for me to get worked up enough to put a post here, but it took me 2 hours to get home tonight for a journey that should have taken 30 minutes.  Bad enough, but what really has me annoyed is the reason.  I was on the main dual carriageway heading south into Bournemouth and they had to close off a lane for the 20 or so emergency vehicles, mostly fire equipment, to damp down the heath fire that had broken out next to the dual carriageway.  The fire was started by arsonists, and it happens not infrequently on the heathland around Bournemouth and Poole.  For once, words fail me when I try to comprehend these imbeciles and how they can get a kick out of actions like this.  The potential for loss of human life, the definite loss of wildlife and habitat, etc.  Arsonists truly disgust me.

End of rant, for now.

Sewingsue

« Reply #409 on: June 13, 2017, 19:18:21 PM »
and heath fires are a bulgar to put out properly.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #410 on: June 13, 2017, 21:30:47 PM »
It's that time of year DV.  Seems to happen very summer in the New Forest.

DementedFairy

« Reply #411 on: June 13, 2017, 21:40:13 PM »
heath fires are a bulgar to put out properly.

Mrs May and her wheat fields?  Naughty woman

wrenkins

« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
Why oh why does one wellie always pull your sock off?
To those of you with "weather" you may roll your eyes and scroll on. To those of us who live in rain drenched hinterlands this is a serious issue.
It gets right on my wick!
My grass desparately needs cut and the thought of toe-bunched sock (just the one Mrs Wembley) is putting me right off. That and laziness.
All done now.
I'm away to have another coffee.

Ploshkin

« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
They're pricey and can be hard to come by but since I discovered Thorlos Ladies Light Hiker socks I've never has even a millimetre of sock shift in wellies.  I restock every year.
In winter I wear a pair of cotton socks with a pair of Goat Socks on top.  I got the Goat Socks from Wiggly Wigglers 3 years ago, again not cheap, but the first one has only just started to get a hole (and I'm sure you know how quickly constant welly wearing wrecks socks).  Again no sock shift.
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
Aha! Your theory is that it's the sock and not the wellie. I'll give those a try. It's a big enough job without the discomfort of a twisty sock.  0_0 I've even tried different wellies but they were horribly heavy and cold.
My grass is finally cut and my manky socks are in the washing machine.  :x
More coffee.  ;)

rubywishes

« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
My rant is about obstinate, elderly parents who resist all offers of help, reason, and common sense and who will, in a very short time have whittled my patience, affection and even my sense of obligation down to absolutely nothing. :devil: :\  It's been a bad couple of days dealing with them...can ya tell! Cripes, where's my wine......

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 13:03:34 PM by rubywishes »
1980 Janome (aka Joan...she's no nonsense or frills),  Bernina 710 (aka Bernice), Juki TL2010Q,  1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora).
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

wrenkins

« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2017, 14:02:15 PM »
I feel your pain RW.
I have a very independent mother with no patience and even less sense of direction. It's like having a squirrel for a pet!!! One minute she's sitting eating a nut and the next she's out, dear knows where, dodging the traffic.
My poor father must have had the patience of a saint!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2017, 13:08:48 PM »
Why oh why can I not have a little more patience and take the time to pin or at least press a hem before I cover stitch it?  I now have to undo it all cos I've missed the edge in too many places - even trying to use my new single feller, which I now know doesn't like seams.

Starryfish

« Reply #418 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:38 AM »
My inconsiderate neighbours have excelled themselves this morning; the gardener started up his petrol driven hedge trimmer at 7.15am and hasn't stopped since. We had the bedroom window because of the heat and I woke up at 4.30 and was trying to get some more sleep!

to cap my morning, I'm going to the dentist in 1/2 hour.  :'(

Lowena

« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2017, 10:15:57 AM »
We live opposite commercial flower bulb growing fields. They start their machinery between 7am and 7.30am  :(
Triumph of hope over experience :D