The Sewing Place

Hello Again!

Seam Stress(ed)

Hello Again!
« on: March 16, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Hi to all from another TSF Member since 2007.  Same name - lack of imagination!  The Other Half suggested, too late, that I should have used Seam Stress(ed).   ><

So lovely to see this forum spring up after the demise of TSF and to see so many familiar names.

I having been making tutus for far too long and other stretch dancewear and it is my full time job, hence my OH's witty suggestion for a forum name!  I have also been known to do a little teaching on the Tutus That Dance Seminars in the UK and have met many mad tutu ladies in the process.  They're a great bunch!

Great to be back!

b15erk

Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
Welcome Stephanie!!  We are getting a nice bunch of dancing ladies on TSP which is great - I love to see pictures of your work.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »
Good to see you again Stephanie ( or should that be Stressedanie? ) :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »
Hi, glad you found us! :)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 02:59:36 AM »
Hi Seam Stress(ed)! Sorry I missed you earlier.

With all that experience, perhaps you can help me de-stress some time from my own person distress with chiffon! It's my nemesis!

Need to stop mentioning it, though, people must be getting fed up of my moaning, heaven knows I am!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

crooknees

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 17:49:42 PM »
Welcome to our new refuge. Pleased to see that you have found us. Your skills will be very welcome as always.

Seam Stress(ed)

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 14:20:04 PM »
MarnieSews - do NOT get me started on chiffon.....  :(  To be avoided at all costs.  Best to look for alternatives that behave!

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 23:37:47 PM »
chiffon.....  :(  To be avoided at all costs.

So glad to know it's not just me being an utter wimp!  ;) At least I have company.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Greybird

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 14:51:57 PM »
Welcome. I saw something recently that pointed out that STRESSED backwards is DESSERTS.
An altogether nicer interpretation!

Lollipop

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 19:43:14 PM »
Welcome Stephanie. It's lovely to see more tutu makers on here. Looking forward to seeing your work and comments. :)
Was Sewnanny