The Sewing Place

Silhouette Patterns

b15erk

Silhouette Patterns
« on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »
Just watching Peggy Sagers Spring sewing plans.  Some good stuff on here. 

http://www.silhouettepatterns.com/html/media/livestreamchannel/replay_03_06_2017.htm

I love her enthusiasm!  A very 'can do' lady!

Enjoy.  She has a lot to teach.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Maximum

Re: Silhouette Patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 16:03:59 PM »
I'm another fan of Peggy Sagers - nothing is impossible in her world. I bought one of her patterns once and paid the extra postage from USA but before I could even open it the Guide Dog pup I was walking chewed through the packet and decorated the kitchen floor with small and large bits of tissue. I did try to piece it back together but the crucial crotch curve was gone so I gave up. Pup has now qualified and hopefully grown up so perhaps I should re-order.  -<

DementedFairy

Re: Silhouette Patterns
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 19:54:25 PM »
I like her tutorials, but have been underwhelmed by her patterns.  [I've made up 4]
This may be my own fault, but some of them had missing markings referred to in the instructions, and on one, I'm still  not sure if I interpreted the instructions correctly...

I find her sizing very confusing, and tops all come up very short in the body...
C'est moi!