Re: Embed or share photos into posts
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
Hurrah! It worked after all....!

I'll get me coat.
 0_0

Francesca

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 13:26:34 PM »
Yep if you upload them to the post, it'll always show as an image thumbnail at the bottom.

If you want the photos to appear within the text of the post (e.g so you can write things before and after them) you'll have to do the Imgur way as posted in the OP.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 17:22:55 PM »
Yep if you upload them to the post, it'll always show as an image thumbnail at the bottom.

If you want the photos to appear within the text of the post (e.g so you can write things before and after them) you'll have to do the Imgur way as posted in the OP.

Thanks Fran. I think what threw me was the way the image would not show on previewing the post. Also it took a short while for the post to upload the photo once I had clicked 'post' and I was impatient at first and gave up thinking it was my laptop in a tizz.

BajaSusana

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 21:54:12 PM »
That's not how I put an image from imgur in...I right click on the image, select 'copy image location', then come back here and use the 'insert image' button, pasting the doobrey mcpherson in between the brackety things.  I is very technical innit

Now just checking it still works!

I tried the other way to no avail. Your copy and paste worked.
I am heading for the pool!

BajaSusana

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 15:11:59 PM »
Francesca,
 I am now a devotee of imgur. Ni more Flickr!
 I just used their BB code for websites and very easily posted an image  on Pattern Review, and very pesky site when it comes to photos.
 Thanks for the advice!
Susan :loveit:

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 17:02:53 PM »
Flickr, the work of Satan.  :devil:  I use LunaPic for photos and you can choose an Imgur link. 

Sewingsue

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 13:03:33 PM »
Registered with imgur and found a photo, but not sure how I get the  photo into a post rather than the link

http://imgur.com/YMyOOpT

http://i.imgur.com/YMyOOpTl.jpg
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

UttaRetch

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 14:58:51 PM »

Your picture embedded 'in-post'.

Your first link did nothing, but the second ending .jpg is one of three picture file extension types (the other two are .png and .gif).  When you reply to a thread, you will see various small squares and the tiny 'Mona Lisa' is used to embed pictures.

Fran did a tute and I will dig it out and re-post.  I use LunaPic because Imgur doesn't work with my aging Apple desktop.

Sewsuzie

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 16:17:15 PM »
Just trying out the link to lunapic on iPad cos I can't do imgur either, unless I'm on laptop.

Suzie  :vintage:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 16:20:36 PM by Sewsuzie »
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 16:22:53 PM »
Yay, it works.  :D

Sewsuzie

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 16:24:27 PM »
Ha, I've got it at last! Thanks Utta. Uploaded to Lunapic for resize, then linked to imgur for url to copy and paste. Bingo, the pic appeared!

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

UttaRetch

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 16:32:36 PM »
Yeah, that's the way I do it too.

Francesca

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 23:09:44 PM »
Registered with imgur and found a photo, but not sure how I get the  photo into a post rather than the link

http://imgur.com/YMyOOpT

http://i.imgur.com/YMyOOpTl.jpg

Please see the first post, which explains in detail how to get the picture embedded. It involves adding l.jpg to the end, and an extra i. to the URL.

Sewingsue

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 06:44:46 AM »
Please see the first post, which explains in detail how to get the picture embedded. It involves adding l.jpg to the end, and an extra i. to the URL.
Thank you Francesca.
You know I could have sworn that my second link does include l.jpg and i. but then it's probably just me being stupid.
OTOH it doesn't really matter since I am unlikely to have anything worth posting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:24:03 AM by Sewingsue »
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Francesca

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »
Thank you Francesca.
You know I could have sworn that my second link does include l.jpg and i. but then it's probably just me being stupid.
OTOH it doesn't really matter since I am unlikely to have anything worth posting.

Your second link does, but you've just pasted the link into the message. You need to add it using the IMG tags (or click the little Mona Lisa button) when making your post.