The Sewing Place

Greybird

UttaRetch

Greybird
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:19:03 AM »
Just seen a post from the former 'Greybird' over on the PatternReview thread I started re TSF.  If anyone knows her in real life, perhaps they could let her know about this place.

Francesca

Re: Greybird
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
If she's on the thread, she can read the links there to this place. It sounds like she is happy to stay on PR. I'm a bit wary now because there has been a lot of moaning for anyone trying to get people to come over here. So perhaps best to leave her to enjoy PR and find her way here when she wishes?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:41:25 PM by Francesca »

Snippet

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 16:06:20 PM »
I don't understand why anyone would moan about pointing folk in this direction - it makes us sound like a cult  -<

Surely they can just come if they want to, or not if they don't!

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 16:16:39 PM »
I don't understand why anyone would moan about pointing folk in this direction - it makes us sound like a cult  -<

Surely they can just come if they want to, or not if they don't!

That's what I would think to but I think a lot of people don't like the fact we sprung up at a tumultuous point.

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 16:40:21 PM »
If she's on the thread, she can read the links there to this place.

You have a point, but I remember that Greybird was an avid poster on TSF.  As I have sworn off that PR thread (I said I would not be commenting any further), I can't go back because 'a certain person' would take delight in pointing this out to me.   0_0

In any event, I think Greybird will find her way here via someone else.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 16:42:55 PM »
Yes, I tend to think that those who want to be here will find their way, and be made very welcome  :)

New names appearing every day.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 18:33:16 PM »
I posted on the Pattern Review thread to direct her here  :D  I don't care if it stirs things up, it is now a lot of weeks since TSF disappeared and I'm finding it ever harder to believe it will return.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 09:07:30 AM »
I saw your subtle hint.

I think

before TSF returns.

Vegegrow

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 12:15:52 PM »
Good news Greybird has Posted on Pattern review that she has  registered here so welcome if you are reading this
and don't be too spooked that we were talking about you... we are trying let people know we are here but also not upset others :D
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 14:43:01 PM »
I'm here! Many thanks to the kind person who directed me here, and how nice of you all to be concerned. I'd like to stay please! It's so nice to see all the names I've been missing. I am halfway through my daughter's curtains, but I think they might have to wait a bit longer while I catch up with everything.

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 15:08:07 PM »
The gang's all here albeit that some of us have chosen new usernames.  :D

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 16:19:15 PM »
Welcome Greybird  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 17:59:03 PM »
Welcome from me too Greybird
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 18:53:32 PM »
I'm here! Many thanks to the kind person who directed me here, and how nice of you all to be concerned. I'd like to stay please! It's so nice to see all the names I've been missing. I am halfway through my daughter's curtains, but I think they might have to wait a bit longer while I catch up with everything.
Oooh, I like being a kind person  :D  Glad you found us.

crooknees

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 17:59:09 PM »
Welcome Greybird. Another here who remembers you from TSF. So pleased that you have found us.