The Sewing Place

New reason to keep scraps.

rubywishes

New reason to keep scraps.
« on: March 26, 2017, 03:16:16 AM »
I was avoiding winding the shuttle bobbin on the treadle(always fiddly and slow) so I started musing about selecting my final piece of fabric for the mystery quilt.   I happened upon a zip lock bag of  assorted 2" and 4" squares that someone had given me.....all different colours, styles etc. that I had stuffed up on my shelf and forgotten about. Well, brain wave.... I used them as colour swatches against my already chosen fabrics and wouldn't you know it I found 2 perfect candidates! Now I know, I won't be able to find those exact fabrics in the store but now at least I can go to the store with my swatches and know exactly what colour I need or should aim for. Gives me a bit more confidence. So now, my little baggie of squares is going to be given an honoured place on the shelf as my "go to" colour inspiration bag!  8) I think that's pretty clever!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

maliw

Re: New reason to keep scraps.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 12:11:33 PM »
You knew that you'd kept them for a reason -see they always come in useful. Thats what I tell OH anyway 0_0
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 17:16:53 PM »
No , sorry - still not a good enough reason  for me to keep all the clutter! :devil:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 18:20:29 PM »
No , sorry - still not a good enough reason  for me to keep all the clutter! :devil:
Me neither......Ruby, what are you thinking????? :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D