The Sewing Place

Hello

C3PO

Hello
« on: February 26, 2017, 20:55:29 PM »
Hello Mistresses and Masters

I am C3PO, a humanoid robot. I am programmed to assist in etiquette, customs, and translation, and am fluent in over six million forms of communication. I used to have an important position in intergalactic relations. More lately it has been suggested that my circuits are too slow and I would be better employed helping the residents of a sewing forum. My programming obliges me to comply.

If you would like to see more of me look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPG_G65dKBc

Meanwhile be excellent to each other.

C3PO
Be excellent to one another

twopence

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:54:55 AM »
Hi, I'm pleased to be here. Looking forward to populating our new forum.

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
Hello Vegegrow here a 50 something sewist from Sunny Suffolk
 Taught by my mother I saved up for my first machine when I was 15 and have been sewing ever since. I sew for customers mostly but that hasn’t stopped me building a huge stash of fabrics. I worked part time in a fabric shop for 15 years which didn’t help with the addiction. Looking forward to talking to friends old and new 
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:58:47 AM »
Hello, so pleased to be here.  A big thanks to MrIminei, MrsIminei and Fran for making all this possible.  Be back later with some content for the other boards.  Ttfn.

fajita

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
Morning campers!
Fajita-mumblebreakybumchrysanthemum here.
Very willing, but not very able.  ;D

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
Hello fellow stitchers, from b15erk aka Jessie!!

Delighted to be here - who's in charge of catering?  I have some bubbly, and canapes..... :)

Going for a root around now.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »
I decided on a new username to better reflect my sewing skills.   :D
In former lives I have been known as Lady Gresley and less formally as JenJ.
I got a bit bored without TSF (and received part of my inheritance) and splashed out on an embroidery machine and an embellishing machine.  Oh, and a chunky knitting machine, and a lovely collection of  vintage toy sewing machines :o
 I'm not sure I have time to post here now...

rubywishes

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 08:58:31 AM »

Delighted to be here - who's in charge of catering?  I have some bubbly, and canapes..... :)

Going for a root around now.

Jessie
Hey Jessie..got my glass ready for your bubbly and am offering some fetta cheese and some sweet chillie sauce for the canapes!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've kept my old name even though it's not really appropriate anymore. 

For any newbies, I'm a 50+ woman interested in dressmaking (in the past I made a lot of stuff in black velvet and leather, alas no more) and also gardening.  The mis-spelling in my name is intentional!

I want to thank MrIminei, MrsIminei and Fran for all their hard work.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 09:30:37 AM »
Hi everyone.
Tamnymore here. I live in Cheshire but also have links to Edinburgh. I have been sewing for nearly 50 years! I used to love making fancy dress costumes for my children when they were young but now they are grown up they don't seem to want to dress up as Xena the Warrior Princess, Captain Scarlet or Henry VIII any more  :(. Much of my sewing involves creations for me to wear but I'm always keen to make things for my family and now that I work part-time I've gone back to curtain making as well. I have an embarrassingly huge fabric stash and, like a lot of people here, I've built up a lot of knowledge, over the years, of where to find fabric bargains - I'm very happy to share that knowledge.Delighted to be here and many thanks once again to Iminei, MrI and all those who who made this lovely, shiny new site happen.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

maliw

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 09:31:54 AM »
Hello everyone, nice to see you all again Maliw here. Best wishes to all responsible for our new abode etc. Off out now but will be back later, just had to try and log in.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ploshkin

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »
Name unchanged - Ploshkin here, livestock farmer in the Welsh Hills.  Been sewing since I was 5 so that's more than 5 decades but not 6 yet.  I've always done dressmaking but getting increasingly drawn to the Dark Side
Life's too short for ironing.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02:59 AM »
Hi everyone
Deafoldbat reporting for duty - ready to lead you to the dark side...once I figure out all the new bells and whistles here.

Didi

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »
Good morning, I'm a tryer  :)not always successful as the top on my dress form will attest but I keep going. I'm not a prolific poster but will be logging on daily to check out what everyone is up to

Samantha

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
Hello!  Thank you to everyone who has set this up, I'm so pleased I now have something to fill my time whilst I'm at work  ;D My user previously name was SJN (but just because Samantha was taken)