The Sewing Place

Hello!

Futura

Hello!
« on: April 01, 2017, 21:28:20 PM »
Hi everyone, another member from The Sewing Forum albeit under a new username (of course in reference to my 7 Futura 1000's and 2 1100's... they keep following me home. Never had a problem with my main machine despite being the UK's first electronic model and nearly 41 years old! Love that Touch & Sew "Magic Bobbin"..........................  :D Probably in a minority!)

I'm currently stuck in bed with a horrific flu, so naturally I'm using my spare time to read about sewing.  :vintage: :snip: :devil: :angel:

Vegegrow

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 21:40:41 PM »
Welcome to the sewing Place Futura ( I do hope you fell better soon).. meanwhile have a wander round and have a catch up we've only been here a month and there's lots to read .. enjoy
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Futura

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 21:43:10 PM »
Thanks  :)

Snippet

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 21:43:39 PM »
Hi Futura!

Flu sounds nasty, but at least you're making good use of the time while you're tucked up in bed!

Hope you're better soon.

Lantana

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 22:42:24 PM »
Oh dear the flu sounds awful but at least you've penty of nice sewing stuff to read here! Glad you've arrived!

:vintage:

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 01:46:17 AM »
Hi from me :) Get well soon  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 13:49:29 PM »
Hi from me too - do you have your credit card handy? I always find a spot of retail therapy makes me feel better! :devil:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

maliw

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 20:26:00 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too, hope you feel better soon.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lollipop

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 19:49:34 PM »
Welcome Futura. Hope you feel better soon. Take some medicine  :toast:
Was Sewnanny

Futura

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 19:56:14 PM »
Thanks everyone  :) The jokes thread certainly helped!!!

Alas I am now well enough I'm catching up with everything... except I've now lost my voice and can't stop coughing. It's been well over a week now.  :'(

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 20:07:50 PM »
Thanks everyone  :) The jokes thread certainly helped!!!

Alas I am now well enough I'm catching up with everything... except I've now lost my voice and can't stop coughing. It's been well over a week now.  :'(
Sorry too say these bugs can take a while to shift  :( still we are here to cheer you up  :flower:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Futura

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 21:39:04 PM »
Aww thanks  :)

I have probably been overdoing the gardening this week despite this bug, as on Monday we're receiving an order from Wickes for a vast amount of topsoil, compost and fencing. On top of that I've been mending the car seats... finally convinced my husband to strip the interior out and after a good wash I've nearly repaired all of the holes and unraveled topstitching...!

I think I deserve a weekend. No wonder the virus has come back!