The Sewing Place

Still Raving!

Ravingdoll

Still Raving!
« on: April 02, 2017, 20:26:48 PM »
Hi all, great to catch up here.  And say hello to new bods.  Hope some remember me from TSF, but it has been a while.  It is all very bright and spangly here, big handclap to those who have been involved in setting this up, both technically and having the get up and go to do it.  I can almost smell the paint whilst it still dries.  I really can smell the paint come to think, I only moved two weeks ago.  And what a state the previous owners left it in.  Structurally all good, and I have both a front and back garden now (I've always wanted a front and back garden even though I can't 'garden' to save my life) but it wasn't pretty.  They hid it well.  And I did that thing of agreeing completion date, booking the removal company, etc etc and then going to work and trying optimistically to book the day off.  Big fail.  It was turned down.  Flat.  No negotiation.  Apparently I was integral to something that was happening that day.  Now I'm not normally 'integral'.  In fact I am sure I border the 'liability' threshold' most of the time.  Having questioned this with those above me I was told that me being 'integral' negated the 'liability' status.  Who knew?!  In fact I do wish someone had told me, I am not used to this 'integral' status lark.  I had to move without any time off.  I had to pack boxes in spare time that wasn't actually really spare at all.  Luckily it was done, thanks to family.  And as everyone knows, involve a family in a life changing situation bring on the drama. I made a vow to watch dramas after that, not live them.  But I expect I will get over that, we are a close family.   

So life continues well here in Exeter, but for those of a nervous disposition: don't mention the love life.

Sewing: ah yes do that sometimes.  Not recently, for reasons above.  But I have a Horn cabinet being delivered on Thursday.  (I have this week off, I am no longer integral I am pleased to report).  I am getting a  white Calypso.  I've resisted one for ages, but suddenly I saw the advantage.  My lovely paternal grandmother died in February and she left us all a bit of money from insurances (she had previously paid for my dress form (Ethel), and my sewing chair plus I have loads of vintage fabric from her, and her sewing basket when she went into a home so it's nice to keep it sewing related).  A very arty friend of mine has made a door plaque with 'The Ethel Room' and that is what it shall be.

Looking forward to catching up on the main forums.   

Lowena

Re: Still Raving!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 20:33:45 PM »
Good to catch up, chat soon  :) I was at Westpoint today at the quilting show  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 20:38:56 PM »
Hello and welcome to this new domain, as you have already seen it is a playground. Hope you enjoy being back with us - we missed you. :toast: :drink: 0_0
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ravingdoll

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 20:40:00 PM »
Muv was there on Friday holding court!   0_0

Holly Berry

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 20:41:24 PM »
Hi and welcome. I remember well your very entertaining posts on TSF.
Procrastination get behind me

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 20:49:37 PM »
Welcome, Ravingdoll from the former Enthusiast.  Catch you later as I am in an ad break.  :D

Sewsuzie

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 20:49:50 PM »
Hi Ravingdoll, great to hear from you again!  Look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

Vegegrow

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 21:07:42 PM »
Good to 'see' you Ravingdoll... You have been greatly missed.. is Toby the thug  :meow: still around to assist you with your sewing
party time  :toast: :toast: :toast: :cake: :gin:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Ravingdoll

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 21:11:59 PM »
Oh yes Toby the Thug is still very much around and thug like.  He spent the first two days here in this new place under the bed but has since decided to explore.  He is a handsome fellow, still a pain in the proverbial but much loved!  Thank for you for remembering! 

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 22:04:57 PM »
WELL HELLO DOLLY!

Sooooooooooo good to see you back, and waiting to hear whatever insane tales of your exploits you care to share :devil: :devil:
C'est moi!

Efemera

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 22:09:16 PM »
Nice to have you back....

Greybird

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 23:08:17 PM »
Welcome from me too - nice to see you here. Have missed the entertaining updates on what always sounded like a life more exciting. Hope your health has improved.

JillH

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 03:10:03 AM »
Nice to see you back   :D

I well remember you exploits - especially the one where you were locked out and climbed over your wall and caught your new blouse on some sort of hook and were left dangling.
0_0
Jill -  trying to grow old disgracefully.

Samantha

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 09:59:09 AM »
Good to see you again!  Your tales kept me entertained - you've a lot of catching up to do!

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 10:09:02 AM »
Welcome Back Doll!! What kept you?  ;)

We have new toys to play with here, well we needed something to amuse us while you were away!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.