The Sewing Place

Grand Opening

Lilian

Re: Grand Opening
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
March 1st 2017, 7:15 am .....
and I'm pacing around an empty forum, waiting for all my friends to arrive!!

Sadly I won't be here when the early birds come through our doors...
(I mean ... work??!! Today???!!! Really??!!)

so I just want to say

A Big thank you

to all of you who helped us make this happen and ...

Go, Explore, Enjoy!!!

Hi Imi, I have just made a payment :-))

It's all looking good. Looking forward to browsing through and watching it grow.

Thanks again for all your hard work  8)
Willing but not always able :)

ajuga

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »
Good to be here. I will raise my glass as well. Thanks to all who made it happen. Looking forward to having a wander round.

C3PO

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »
Good to be here. I will raise my glass as well. Thanks to all who made it happen. Looking forward to having a wander round.

Phew, you got in - I was hoping there wasn't a problem
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:04:31 AM by C3PO »
Be excellent to one another

Elnnina

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 11:02:56 AM »
I just wanted to add my Thanks to all who have made this new forum possible. Let us go forward  with renewed enthusiasm for our crafts and of course friendship.  Enjoy today.

Ploshkin

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 12:15:17 PM »
I will add my thanks to Mr & Mrs Iminei and Fran for their hard work to make this happen.  I am truly grateful to people who have the tech skills for things like this as I have none.  If you ever need help with bovine, ovine or porcine midwifery just give me a call.
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
If you ever need help with bovine, ovine or porcine midwifery just give me a call.

Ahh...actually I was just going through the yellow pages (remember them?) for a Porky midwife.....

hahahahaa...I will keep it in mind!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Mama likes to make

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 12:24:50 PM »
Yeah so happy to see this up and running! Thank you again to all involved for the hardworking and I look forward to seeing the new community grow
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 13:17:45 PM »
I' don't like Champagne, but have opened a bottle of Merlot to celebrate this momentous occasion..... cheers all  8)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Efemera

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 16:26:36 PM »
Gordon Bennet... can you believe I forgot my password...but I'm in now..
Off for a good look round.
Thank you :D

MrIminei

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 17:58:28 PM »
Well today has gone brilliantly. 278 Posts in 60 Topics by 65 Members after 10 hours.

Everybody has been very kind with both words and donations / subscriptions. Thank you all. The most pleasing thing for me though is watching the boards fill up with posts.

Fran has been a complete star - not only has she completely re-vamped the site theme (it's been like living in a virtual "Changing Rooms"), she has written tech guides and posted in the forums. Thanks Fran!

Coincidentally today is the 30th anniversary of the day that Iminei & I met. So we're going out to eat (on a schoolday!) We will raise a glass to you all and check in later.

Andy

supergran

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 18:26:46 PM »
Congratulations Iminei and Mr Iminei. Have a well deserved break and enjoy a lovely meal out. xxx

Vegegrow

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 18:28:58 PM »

Coincidentally today is the 30th anniversary of the day that Iminei & I met. So we're going out to eat (on a schoolday!) We will raise a glass to you all and check in later.

Andy

Have a lovely time xx
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

crgblondie

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 19:33:59 PM »
So pleased to have found another home great work and thank you to all invokved. ::)

SingingSinger

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 21:17:01 PM »
Wow, the new home looks fantastic. Thanks for all the hard work putting the forum together and will look forward to settling in and meeting friends old and new  0_0 <3
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Vegegrow

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 21:19:19 PM »
Lovely to see familiar friends ... have a wander round .. so much to see and do
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz