The Sewing Place

Hello and another TSF member had arrived!

FrancesL

Hello and another TSF member had arrived!
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
Morning everyone

I found The Sewing Place a couple of weeks ago, registered and promptly forgot my password! :S but I'm sorted now (thanks Admin) and raring to go.

I make clothes for myself and have been experimenting with making handbags but if the fancy strikes will have a go at most things.

Frances

Lowena

Re: Hello and another TSF member had arrived!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »
You must try P and Q, you'd be very welcome over on The Dark Side  :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:52:07 AM »
Frances welcome.  Ignore Lowena's 'siren call' and keep looking at the light.   :D

FrancesL

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:54:38 AM »
Hi Lowena & UttaRetch

The only items I've quilted so far are the backs of 2 bed tidies I made for our new caravan  and I sent away to get same upholstery & curtain fabrics so they matched.  I'm going to make another (portrait as opposed to landscape iyswim) to put near where I sit rather than have phone/tablet on the seat.

We decided to Velcro the original ones on to the side of the caravan near our headboard  as they'd get knocked about when accessing under the bed locker.

I may dabble my toes over into the dark side but only occaisionally
Frances

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 10:58:04 AM »
Those are really cute. 

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
Frances welcome.  Ignore Lowena's 'siren call' and keep looking at the light.   :D

:P :P :P :P Don't poach my potentials Utty  >:) she may well want to widen her horizon.....and...you know how we love fresh meat new friends  :devil:

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »
Don't poach my potentials Utty  >:) she may well want to widen her horizon.....and...you know how we love fresh meat new friends  :devil:

There, proof, if it was ever needed, of the dark side.   0_0   0_0

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too.

...as for occasional dabbling in you-know-what - well, you've been warned.  :devil:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »
Don't take any notice of them Frances. Your tidies are well cute ( as my Granddaughters would say ) and you are obviously accomplished.....we have lots to tempt you over there...... :devil:

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 21:47:54 PM »
Just be aware you Pand Q'ers , if she disappears we'll know where she is! :ninja:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 22:04:27 PM »
And we'll come looking with big, wobbly fish to administer the slapping.  ;)

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 00:55:57 AM »
 As if we would Catllar and Utty  :P
It's not our fault if the Dark Side is like "Hotel California" "You can check out any time you like ....but you can never leave "
:devil: :ninja: :devil: :ninja: :devil: :ninja:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:00:17 AM by Lowena »

FrancesL

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 17:29:44 PM »

I won't be a convert to the dark side :o- but I will be dipping my toes in now and again with small pieces of very basic quilting ;) .

The work I've seen is beautiful and I can understand and appreciate the sheer hard work as well as the time that go into it but it's not for me.

Frances

UttaRetch

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 19:20:17 PM »
 0_0  0_0  Catllar, we can stand down the fish.

I do admire quilters and patchworkers, but all those small pieces of fabric do not go with big, sweaty hands not to mention the real risk of going permanently cross-eyed.

Marniesews

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 20:37:17 PM »
I'm also firmly in the admiring group rather than the doing. I'd enjoy it enormously to start with but I know finishing would be a real trial for me. I'd always be thinking of the next one I wanted to do and getting itchy feet. I'm already like that with cross-stitch, I love designing the patterns on my graph paper and buying the threads...but finishing it is something else!  :(
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.