The Sewing Place

Hi!

elephun

Hi!
« on: April 20, 2017, 02:39:57 AM »
Hi! I'm new here. Some of you may know me from Stitcher's Guild/Artisans Square or Sewing Pattern Review. I love to learn, do, share, and chat about sewing/pattern making/fitting/construction/fabric, fashions, and style. I'm in the US. I'm looking forward to seeing what this forum is like. I may lurk a bit, though I do have one thing to post right away  :frock:

Addict

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
a very warm welcome

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:52:08 AM »
Hi and welcome to the UK, elephun.  I do, indeed, recognise you from PR.  We have a more relaxed regime here - no silly rules about political figures that stop discussion about their clothing choices - and everyone rubs along nicely.

Holly Berry

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
Hi and welcome.

I too recognise your name, were you on The Sewing Forum too?
Procrastination get behind me

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »
Welcome to the sewing place Elephun its good to see you .. we are settling in well to our new home and finding friends old and new .. enjoy :flower:

... and thankyou for posting that link in the dance section .. I shall wander off and have a look when I get time..
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Unpicker

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »
Hi Elephun, welcome, I'm 'new' today too.  Thanks for the link you posted in the Dance section, the patterns look very interesting, :D
Rita Rita

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:33 AM »
Welcome from me too!!  Looking forward to seeing some of your projects!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 15:38:16 PM »
I too recognise your name, were you on The Sewing Forum too?

As you perhaps thinking of Nellyphant?

elephun

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 18:21:22 PM »
I wasn't a member on The Sewing Forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Holly Berry

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 18:26:04 PM »
As you perhaps thinking of Nellyphant?

Yes I am, thanks, although also recognise from SG and PR  :)
Procrastination get behind me

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 23:14:02 PM »
Hi Elephun, I recognise you from SG. I've stopped posting on there so we'll have to chat here!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Marniesews

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 00:53:18 AM »
Welcome from me too, Elephun!  :D

We've also spoken on SG and I still pop along there. I've not seen the dance link but I'll be straight off there as soon as I've hit 'post'.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lyn-J

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 23:32:03 PM »
A belated "hi" from another one from SG!

elephun

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 08:16:59 AM »
It's nice to be greeted by so many familiar names!

BajaSusana

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 01:18:11 AM »
Hi! I'm new here. Some of you may know me from Stitcher's Guild/Artisans Square or Sewing Pattern Review. I love to learn, do, share, and chat about sewing/pattern making/fitting/construction/fabric, fashions, and style. I'm in the US. I'm looking forward to seeing what this forum is like. I may lurk a bit, though I do have one thing to post right away  :frock:
Hola Elephun,
 I have seen you on PR! I am new as well.