The Sewing Place

Couture sewing course

sewmuchmore

Couture sewing course
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:10:52 AM »
Anyone got a few quid spare to attend a 5 day sewing course in the beautiful New Forest.
http://www.newforestweddingvenue.co.uk/sewing-club/advanced-residential-couture-sewing-course/
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

b15erk

Re: Couture sewing course
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »
SMM, I would love to do something like this, it looks great.  Unfortunately, OH and myself are self employed, and time off is very thin on the ground.

When If I (ever) retire....  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
I hate to say it, but if I did have the cash for a course like this, I suspect that when I came out at the end of it I would probably end up  being highly critical of my sewing and it would take all the enjoyment and pleasure out of it.

This happened in my teens, I enjoyed dancing, then it was either rock and roll or  ballroom.  I was persuaded to join a ballroom dancing formation team, fun at first but gradually I began to hate the lack of freedom in the way I danced and probably, the discipline needed.  Not for me.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 21:23:16 PM »
It would be an experience but not for me...I don't wear tailored clothes and wouldn't want to spend forever making one couture garment... I make everyday wear not something I would want to hang onto forever.

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 21:32:21 PM »
is it just me, or is that 'jacket' just a  shirt? Very nice and all that, but it's not a jacket is it?
C'est moi!

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 22:45:10 PM »
is it just me, or is that 'jacket' just a  shirt? Very nice and all that, but it's not a jacket is it?
Looks more like a shirt than a jacket to me. May be just the photo, but not selling it very well.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »

Indeed, not.  Definitely a shirt.