The Sewing Place

Sew Direct

Efemera

Sew Direct
« on: April 20, 2017, 20:59:41 PM »
Is anyone a member?... I've been looking for a vogue pattern and it's the only place I could find it..it would have been £5 cheaper if I had been a member.

Lady Violet

Re: Sew Direct
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 21:14:51 PM »
I am not a member, although I have been.  If you are not in a hurry, on several weekends a year, they have a half price offer on all patterns.  Usually with free postage.  So maybe worth waiting for.

A bad start always has a good ending ☘

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 21:54:58 PM »
I used to subscribe a few years ago when it was 50% off and free postage. In those days they occasionally did 'Buy one get two free' sales. When it became 40% off and £1 postage per pattern it did not really seem worth the sub. They upped the direct debit without telling me! The magazine didn't seem particularly exciting either so I stopped after subscribing for years.

The occasional flash sales are for everyone not just members. There are often 50% sales for one pattern company or another so I just wait for those or the flash sales.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:51 AM »
I agree with Lady Violet and Tamnymore that subscription is not really worth the bother these days.  Flash sales are always happening and I let people new via 'In the wardrobe'.