The Sewing Place

Better late than never.

Surest1tch

Re: Better late than never.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 17:17:54 PM »
Hi Diane from yet another Yorkie now living in n Lincolnshire. Postcodes and telephone codes are not much of an indication to where you live now are they? There's a decent shop in Scunthorpe opposite the Range which has a bit of everything but I tend to buy online a lot. I do use Waltons in Goldthorpe as I sew dancewear but agree with Snowbird that it can be a bit hit and miss. I am promising myself a visit to Fabworks next time I go to Ikea which might be next week!! What day is the market in Dewsbury Fiona? Enjoy your retirement and I hope you get some time to play.
Lorraine x

My goodness you both surprise me about Waltons, unless I've been very lucky last time I was there they had loads of ex River Island fabric. I know he's a bit of a romancer but I do do know it was River Island because I had seen it made up in there.
I only know where the hospital is in Scunthorpe but if you could direct me from Cliffe Gardens or the road that runs parallel to it I would be grateful.  If I can talk DH into it I would love to have a look round that shop.
Those shops in Dewsbury sound interesting too and I'd love to have a root round those but again I'd need directions.
I made a trip to Leeds last year trying to find some good fabrics but couldn't find anywhere (and got annoyed at the pushing crowds) so had to assume they were on the outskirts, plus had to put up with DH grumbling about what he could be doing at home instead of trailing round the shops on a wild goose chase, he loves to grumble, bit of a Victor Meldrew  ;)

Lollipop

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 21:23:31 PM »
From the hospital you need to go downhill, across the roundabout exit 3 and the next roundabout exit 2 (Tesco on right) then take 3rd exit at next roundabout and carry on straight to yet another roundabout where you take exit 1. The fabric shop is first right and on the right next to a bed shop. PHEW!! I'm dizzy now with all those roundabouts  :D
I think a trip to Dewsbury might be on the cards next Wednesday while my Grandkids are at Just for Tots week at Butlins.
Was Sewnanny

Surest1tch

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 22:06:18 PM »
Wow, that's brilliant thank you
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 22:11:28 PM by Surest1tch »