The Sewing Place

Style Arc Ethel

sewmuchmore

Style Arc Ethel
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:25:24 AM »
First time i have used Style Arc patterns and a word of warning for novices, the instructions are basic and there are no diagrams so if you like to follow drawings then you don't get any.
Anyway back to Ethel, a pretty simple top but why, why, why have i unpicked the b****y arm facing 4 times as i cannot get a neat finish on the side seam. Just going to ignore the instructions and do my own thing. (as i usually do).
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

DementedFairy

Re: Style Arc Ethel
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
The older patterns don't have great instructions, but they are an excellent company for reacting to customer comments, and the more recent ones have quite a few diagrams, or even photographs in some instances.  They have extensive tutorials on their site, and answer any queries very promptly.

The instructions are getting a tiny bit more comprehensive too, but still just amount to a list.

I still find them better than Burda instructions!
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »
I don't do Burda ever since the great 'Satan's own pattern disaster' documented on the late Sewing forum. :devil:  I am very much a follower and don't like to go off the path. 0_0

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 17:20:15 PM »
Unpicked for the 5th time and then just did my own thing, don't know why i decided to read instructions as i don't usually bother unless it is a very complex garment.
Anyway this is the result.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet