The Sewing Place

Still stash busting

Holly Berry

Still stash busting
« on: April 26, 2017, 17:20:17 PM »
Have to say a big thank you to TSP for encouraging me to really get stuck into my stash.Just finished 2 tops from fabric I've had a while.

Really easy Butterick 6132
Procrastination get behind me

sewmuchmore

Re: Still stash busting
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 17:28:40 PM »
Love the tops. I too am still getting through my stash. In fact i was going to ask for suggestions on what i could make with this
but i think i have just found my answer, thanks Holly Berry
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Holly Berry

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 17:33:46 PM »
It would look great in that. The top reminded me of an artists smock and your fabric looks like it's been painted.

Pixie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 19:58:34 PM »
Well done Holly Belly....I like your pattern and may add it to my pattern stash!
Pfaff Performance 5, Brother Innovis V3, Bernina Overlocker, Janome TXL607, Babylock BLCS, Toyota Oekaki Renaissance, Bernina 830

Fabric Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 22:58:00 PM »
Lovely tops Holly Berry. Sewmuchmore - absolutely love that fabric, look forward to seeing that made up!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 22:59:06 PM »
All my sewing right now is stash busting cos I really can't afford to buy anything else for a while.  Quite a while lol

I stash dived today and found enough for 2 tops, a jacket and a petticoat without going very far down.  Lol
C'est moi!

Lilian

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 23:22:00 PM »
I love the tops, it's a nice pattern and the blue fabric is gorgeous!   :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Vegegrow

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »
Lovely pattern Lovely tops and lovely blue wall which you have coordinated perfectly  0_0
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 08:16:18 AM »
Great tops and pattern. I have such a huge stash that I often get a nice surprise when I have a little archaeological dig. I must make myself stick to stash busting. Mutters... I will.not buy more fabric... I will not buy more fabric...  :devil:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Francesca

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »
I have a spreadsheet now where I catalogue all my fabrics. It is long. And it has only grown longer in 2017  :S

At the moment my focus is to find Tried and True patterns across all categories (woven dress, knit dress, woven top, knit top etc) and then stash bust.

When I found my TNT knit top I burnt through the entirety of my knit 2m stash in just a few weeks.

My current quest is for a basic shell top pattern and that will take care of my 2m lightweight woven stash (although there isn't that much of it, to be honest). I'm hoping the Cashmerette Upton will be a good woven dress TNT because the majority of my stash is 3m woven pieces aka perfect for full-skirted dresses!

I also have a fair few metres of chiffon, which I find really hard to use.

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
I have the odd spreadsheet and list but I'm nothing like up to date hence the archaeology!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 09:38:53 AM »
I had a tidy up a few weeks ago, and since then I can't find anything!  I went to a box which has always had Lilyfabrics in, only to find - yarn!!  Loads of the stuff, don't know what I was thinking there....

Mind if I join in the stash busting thread please?  I missed the official one as I had other stuff to prioritise....

It may help my stash management - the latest of which is on the spare bed waiting for a home!!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Holly Berry

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 18:54:56 PM »
I've decided the best way for me to keep on top is to keep refreshing my memory with what I've got already. I've lost count of the times I've bought some fabric only to find I had some I could have used.

Actually, I think I just have a problem buying fabric  :o

Lilian

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 20:03:04 PM »
I've decided the best way for me to keep on top is to keep refreshing my memory with what I've got already. I've lost count of the times I've bought some fabric only to find I had some I could have used.

Actually, I think I just have a problem buying fabric  :o

Join the club !!  haha  :ninja:
Willing but not always able :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 20:25:16 PM »
It's not a problem!
C'est moi!