The Sewing Place

Hello

Acorn

Hello
« on: April 29, 2017, 16:20:05 PM »
Hellooooo!   :D

I'm a quilter, clothes-maker and embroiderer.  I'm so happy to have found other people who understand the attraction and excitement of a huge pile of folded fabric...   :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 16:55:12 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 16:35:23 PM »
If it's excitement you want you've come to the right place... 0_0...pull up a chair and have a drink :drink:

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 17:10:05 PM »
Don't mind if I do - thank you very much!   :drink:       0_0

Lantana

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 17:30:59 PM »
Welcome Acorn! You've found the right place. I agree about the socks.  <3 One of my sons couldn't bear to wear matching socks right from when he was a toddler. He's now coming up to forty and still is not into matching socks!

Lanty  :vintage:

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 18:02:21 PM »
Welcome Acorn, we'll be sure to give you a good time over on The Dark Side  :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 18:23:17 PM »
Welcome, Acorn.  I see that you have a foot in the 'dark side' camp (quilters and patchworkers), but also dwell on the sunny uplands of clothes makers.  Anyway, grab a  :gin: or  :drink: of something and have a wonder around.  :D

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 18:59:27 PM »
But don't linger too long on the sunny slopes with Utty et al, they'll lead you astray  :ninja:  :toast:

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 19:02:06 PM »
Sunny side up!
C'est moi!

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 19:03:22 PM »
Nooooooo!  :ninja:

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 20:34:36 PM »
Now, now girls - no squabbling - you'll scare Acorn away - there's room for us all! :angel:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

maliw

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 20:47:29 PM »
Hello and welcome from me to, hope you enjoy our playground. I have a foot in both camps as I dress make as well as P&Q. Oh and DD bought my DH a pack of socks for Christmas that don't match on purpose, he wears them all the time and DGS (2) loves to check what grandad is wearing.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
Obviously mismatched socks makes me twitch.  I have some ankle socks at the back of some drawer or other, but they are all black.

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 16:47:08 PM »
... DD bought my DH a pack of socks for Christmas that don't match on purpose, he wears them all the time and DGS (2) loves to check what grandad is wearing.
My parents bought my husband a pack of odd socks - probably the same ones!   0_0

A little bit of sun, a little bit of shade... I have a quilt I've been making for over 30 years that I am determined to finish this year.  I've made plenty of others in the meantime, but every stitch in this one has been done by hand.  I'm currently hand quilting it, and I can only do a little bit at a time before the needle finds its way into my fingers.    :o

Marniesews

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 16:32:31 PM »
I'm so happy to have found other people who understand the attraction and excitement of a huge pile of folded fabric...   :)

Hello and welcome from me too, albeit a few days late. I suspect those patchworkers can get excited looking at a pile of folded clothes too.  ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Greybird

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 22:15:25 PM »
Hello. It's great here in the sunshine!