The Sewing Place

second lampshade started

sewmuchmore

second lampshade started
« on: May 02, 2017, 18:05:28 PM »
Now started another lampshade but this one is been made using the traditional method of binding the struts and then stretching silk onto the frame. As you can see this involves lots of pins and consequently lots of pricked fingers and blood  :'(
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lantana

Re: second lampshade started
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 23:25:28 PM »
I look forward to the finished article! This looks like it takes a lot of patience! :P

:vintage:

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 18:25:54 PM »
Sorry, it's been a long time coming but finally got round to finishing the lampshade.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

arrow

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 19:13:04 PM »
The result looks very nice. I have manage to miss the first post to begin with  :P

I have a lamp dug out of storage. The shade is missing, and if I ever find one, it looks like it will be in a charity store. I was hoping the wire frame was still around, but it might not be. I might have to do it my self too, since all of the lamp-shade ladies in this town are either dead or retired. 10 years ago we had at least two different shops, with a rather impressive amount of fabric, finishing ribbon and tassles.

Thanks for the post, it's a good inspiration to get it sorted out.

fajita

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 21:14:25 PM »
That is a lot of pins.

I've never thought about the mechanics of shade making before. I don't think I would have thought it was such intricate work.

Hope you didn't lose too much blood.