The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Catllar

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2017, 13:51:44 PM »
Did you find the lost city of Atlantis in there, by chance??
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Vegegrow

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2017, 13:55:14 PM »
Did you find the lost city of Atlantis in there, by chance??
No ..but I didn't get right to the back of the cupboard the back of the shelves or even see the floor ...  :'(
found several likely stash candidates in the first box...
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Catllar

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2017, 16:06:06 PM »
That's progress!

Vegegrow

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2017, 16:13:22 PM »
Well now I've got to wait for the 13th... but Fran's rules say I can do a toile so maybe I'll do a stash toile... got 3 more sets of curtains arriving soon so am doing stuff for me and DH...
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

SingingSinger

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2017, 19:30:49 PM »
This sounds like fun! I've never done a sewing challenge before  :sew:  :D I've got a relatively small stash but there are several dress lengths  :frock: in there which have sat a long time waiting for inspiration to strike. *wanders off to investigate* #wishmeluck  :P
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

rowe1311

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2017, 20:10:07 PM »
Do the rules of the sew a long allow us to ask for help on the forum?  My daughter has chosen her fabric and her dress, but I need some help working out how to make the pattern and no doubt sewing tips in the construction stage too.

Francesca

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2017, 20:53:39 PM »
Do the rules of the sew a long allow us to ask for help on the forum?  My daughter has chosen her fabric and her dress, but I need some help working out how to make the pattern and no doubt sewing tips in the construction stage too.

Oh of course! It's not meant to be about hushing up when working on it, it's all about talking to each other and making things together with an added carrot at the end.

rowe1311

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2017, 21:04:31 PM »
Oh good, will try and post a picture soon for advice.   

Catllar

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2017, 22:12:51 PM »
Not too keen on carrots - any other veg - great, but carrots not really my fave!

Francesca

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2017, 22:38:59 PM »
Not too keen on carrots - any other veg - great, but carrots not really my fave!

No only carrots. If you don't want to eat the carrots just hold your nose. You can't leave the table until you're all done!

(Sorry did I just bring back horrible flashbacks for everyone?!)

Vegegrow

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »
What you need is proper carrots... proper carrots like wot we grow  :D

Catllar

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 09:21:54 AM »
Noooooo, don't make me do it! !!!

Catllar

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »
OK, So I will have a go at this http://www.stylearc.com.au/stylearc/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=710&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=42.  I've already made it  before in a stretch woven, but that seems overkill so this time no stretch. I have altered the pattern and shifted the side seam to the side and this time I'm going to add pockets in the side seams and  alter the waistband so it's totally flat fronted and just have a bit of elastic across the back. Maybe I'll slim down the leg a bit more too or even crop them - hmmm.

Francesca

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2017, 10:55:53 AM »
OK, So I will have a go at this http://www.stylearc.com.au/stylearc/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=710&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=42.  I've already made it  before in a stretch woven, but that seems overkill so this time no stretch. I have altered the pattern and shifted the side seam to the side and this time I'm going to add pockets in the side seams and  alter the waistband so it's totally flat fronted and just have a bit of elastic across the back. Maybe I'll slim down the leg a bit more too or even crop them - hmmm.

They look great! I love Style Arc, keen to see how these turn out.

Have you stash-dived yet?

Iminei

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
That is so interesting (the flat bottomed flo pant patt) also this whole thread and Im so sad I can't join in    :'(   
But you girls have fun, fun, fun !!!!

Well done Fran!

I'm off to organise a Mystery Quilt!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again