The Sewing Place

Immanuels

Efemera

Immanuels
« on: May 12, 2020, 21:18:33 PM »
If anyone is interested they’re selling on FB... at the moment they have viscose fabrics at £2 meter.

Tamnymore

Re: Immanuels
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 16:24:43 PM »
Well I did succumb to some viscose and jersey. Not arrived yet but it is astonishingly cheap at £2 pm so thanks for the heads up @Efemera and @annieeg . If you look on their FB site today you will see they have several different colours of boiled wool at an incredible £5pm. It is 90% wool. It won't hang about long at that price!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 12:06:28 PM »
My fabrics arrived today so I thought you might be interested in seeing them - @ £2.00 per metre they really are fantastic value  :D
The white background with mauve/blue flowers feels slightly polyester crepe-ish but I was assured they are all 100% viscose. 
I'm thinking about the Style Arc pattern top pattern I bought yesterday.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
Wow @annieeg . What a fabulous  haul! I fancied some of that black with white splodges fabric but it had run out by the time I ordered. Now I know who got it ....  ;)

Viscose can sometimes feel a bit artificial even though it's technically a natural fibre.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 14:01:55 PM »
Viscose is ideal for the SA Jules - my toile was polycotton, which is absolutely fine, but the fabric I have lined up for the proper thing is viscose.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 17:02:48 PM »
And here is my parcel of luvverliness from Immanuels which arrived today. The black with white flowers is a viscose (burn test confirms). Some viscose can be a bit floppy and sort of slightly 'unstable' but this one has a good hand and is really nice quality. The black and grey stripe is a jersey - a burn test tells me it is poly jersey - but it has a nice feel and is quite heavy - pretty much a ponte roma. The pink and black tartan jersey is also a good weight but not as heavy as the striped jersey. From a burn test, the tartan jersey appears to be a poly viscose jersey (bit inconclusive - there seemed to be a bit of plasticky stuff but not much). It has less artificial fibre than the striped one but I'm not convinced it is purely viscose . It has a nice hand though. All these are really good quality and astonishingly cheap at £2pm!

annieeg

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 17:13:33 PM »
@Tamnymore
Very nice - I like that black with the flowers :D

sewingj

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 20:55:16 PM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 08:35:04 AM by sewingj »

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 21:10:07 PM »
Every fabric burns differently... you can set fire to a small piece to find out what it’s content are.

https://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/Burn-Test-Chart.html

So Chic

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 14:55:00 PM »
I see all these wonderful reviews for Immanuels but I can't find their website.  Does it actually exist or is it bricks and mortar only?
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 15:37:09 PM »
I've a feeling that they only have a Facebook page, but that they do sell through it. 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 16:07:55 PM »
Yes only on FB.

So Chic

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 19:39:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies but I will cross Immanuel off my list of suppliers as I won’t use FB.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Celia

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 13:58:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies but I will cross Immanuel off my list of suppliers as I won’t use FB.

Me too I was just getting tempted

sewingj

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 15:02:33 PM »
@So Chic  and @Celia . Purely out of interest may I ask why you won't use Facebook? I have only recently joined it. I haven't shared any personal information and have no intention of using it for social reasons. However at present I find it invaluable for obtaining up to date information about various businesses and institutions - including our doctors surgery. I'm also finding that more and more businesses who don't usually sell online are selling through it. Presumably it is cheaper for them than setting up a full blown website