The Sewing Place

Holey Moley Part 2

Iminei

Holey Moley Part 2
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:42:56 AM »
Holey Moley ...

Whats Imi doing in the Lightside??? Is she lost?

From Sundays Today thread ...

Me ??? I'm a bit sore as yesterday, proudly bringing home the bacon Rose, one chilled bottle in each hand, I tripped over a raised edge and went down like Delboy in a wine bar!!! Luckily the raised edge was holding in gravel and not tarmac but still my jeans have a considerable hole at the knee as does my knee !!! Sore, swollen and  Ouchy!

You'd be proud of my girls, neither bottle broke ... My elbows broke the fall ... Owwww .... but I made sure not to open either until a suitable amount of time had passed!

Well yesterday I decided, as I am fast running out of leg wear of any shape, size or form, to repair my still bloody jeans. So off I went scrummaging around til I found the perfect (Austrian) fabric and forged ahead, sadly I got most of the way along before I thought I could show my Tspers this, they's be really proud of me actually sewing a garment!
So unfortunately I have no pics of the actual tattered hole itself but you can see the blood on the inside!!!

Gross ?? Well I thought washing them before repairing the hole would be asking for trouble soooooo ploughed on ... Safe to say they're currently enjoying a hot bubble bath in the washing machine as I type.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:26:53 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

Re: Holey Moley!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:54:00 AM »
Yay for @Iminei posting in the Lightside

Another repair option would have been the Japanese darning technique (called Boro if I remember it correctly)

Sheilago

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 08:05:06 AM »
Could be a new fashion trend @Iminei  :D. A perfect diversification for a quilter!

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 08:06:45 AM »
That would involve hand sewing and I'm really unable to do that ... believe me when I say that!
When I was having problems top stitching my embroidery I tried hand-stitching the border !!! ...  :o   :S  WHAT a mess!!!

Also I know its fashionable to have holes in your jeans ... but its just not me!

Celia

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 09:34:54 AM »
Well now you have put your toes in the water what is next........do we see Imi made pjs in your future

Vezelay

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 09:50:02 AM »
Now put one on the other knee Iminei and it's a design feature! Assume it's reinforced with backing fabric or summat? You wouldn't want to have to patch the patch...

Its all in the tread @Vezelay  ... Imi
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 14:54:05 PM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 14:08:45 PM »
do we see Imi made pjs in your future

Another item fast wearing out! I had to bin a pair of PJ bots that had gone at the crotch last week and the ones Im wearing now are doing the same pius the elastic is wearing through the waistband ...

Everything seems to be wearing out!!! AAgggh

But here in lies another Question ... Fabrics. Elastic I know nothing about these things or techniques!!!

Puzzler

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 18:28:18 PM »
You @Iminei will be attending an in-person tutorial on how to make PJ bottoms with me when it’s finally safe. Who knows when, though.

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 15:12:36 PM »
Actuallly @Iminei, they must very fashionable, they reminded me of these that I was looking at yesterday.

https://www.wafflepatterns.com/product-page/work-pants-azuki

I particularly like  the holster pocket for my Glock.   ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Vezelay

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 15:22:34 PM »
Actuallly @Iminei, they must very fashionable, they reminded me of these that I was looking at yesterday.

https://www.wafflepatterns.com/product-page/work-pants-azuki

Oh I love those, they'd be perfect for gardening, knee pads, hip pocket for secateurs. Seriously, I might treat myself to that pattern and learn how to sew a fly front!

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 16:53:06 PM »
OMG Im a trend setter!!!!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 19:57:13 PM »

I know you're being funny but around these parts if a fellow Sewist said that we'd know she was serious.

Unless of course it was actually for her Smith & Wesson.

Or her Sig.

Maybe a Beretta.

:ninja:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

jen

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 07:54:53 AM »
Poorly adapted for your Glock I feel. The weight would be banging around uncomfortably, and where would you put the spare clip?

Iminei

Re: Holey Moley Part 2
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 09:24:23 AM »
These jeans are now my absolute favourites (for as long as I can squeeze my sausage body into them at least) because of my snazzy patch ...

However I now coming to a more complicated problem in that the flat felled (get me Girls, using terms I have no business using) seam on the left hip has developed (as all my jeans have since I was given a Provencal wicker basket to tote around) an abraded hole  ...

Its just on the hip, at the level of the bottom of the pocket and unlike the Holey Moley Holey which was quite a simple fix I'm at a loss as how to mend this ...

Any ideas please?? All will be gratefully received ...

Pearl

Re: Holey Moley Part 2
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 09:30:54 AM »
We need to see a pic, @Iminei .   ;) <3