The Sewing Place

Sew me Something Patterns

annieeg

Sew me Something Patterns
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »
I've always been drawn to some of these patterns and have just watched a demo on Hochanda.
They are, however, very expensive which has put me off trying them.
Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of using them? 
I'm wondering if they are good fit/shape ?

BrendaP

Re: Sew me Something Patterns
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 10:52:18 AM »
I've been using their free .pdf scrubs pattern which is very basic and with grown on sleeves.  It's well drafted, although scrubs are fit where they touch garments.  Compared to the other free .pdf scrubs pattern I have it's a simpler design but better drafted and probably truer to size.  The Pattern Boutique .pdf had several issues including a sleeve which didn't fit the arm scye!

I've never used any of their other patterns, but I do remember thinking that they were expensive when I looked at the website.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 13:46:42 PM »
I have the Portia trousers, the Beatrice pinafore and the Cressida jumpsuit patterns.

I've used the Portia pattern many times, they're my absolute fave trousers.  I've made one jumpsuit from the Cressida but only because it's a recent purchase. Given time I will make many more. Therefore I consider them to be a worthy purchase.

The patterns are very good quality thick paper, and I find the instruction booklet very detailed and easy to follow.

Hope this helps  ;)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 14:02:26 PM »
@snoozi soozi
Thanks for that feedback.  Do you find  the patterns true to your size,?

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 16:37:11 PM »
Yes, more than other patterns I've tried. For instance, I cut the Portia pattern to size 16 and the trousers fit really well all over  :)

I made the Cressida in size 20 as I wanted roomy and it definitely is
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Ros

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 14:00:42 PM »
I bought the Helena pdf recently. I'd say the sizing/ease info was accurate too (but given it is a smock not sure if that is massively helpful)