The Sewing Place

Aldi

Penabby

Aldi
« on: May 18, 2020, 11:18:51 AM »
I didnt know you could shop online with Aldi. Just took delivery of these fat quarters, so I can explore the world of quilting. I think they are great, and good value at around £7 for 12.
The mind is everything, what you think you become - Buddha.

wrenkins

Re: Aldi
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 11:31:01 AM »
That's great haul @Penabby. Those colours look a bit 'Janet Clare'.

Come away in to the darkside. We have biscuits!  :devil:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 12:00:43 PM »
Ooh I like those blues!

I found delivery from Aldi very good.

My husband wanted a welding mask similar to the one his friend got but of course they weren’t in stock in the store. I looked on the website and there they were along with lots of other things that only appear in the shops once every six months or so.

Free postage for over £25 and they appeared in just a couple of days 0_0

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 13:59:43 PM »
I really thought you were going to say that your husband wanted a welding mask but couldn't get one... so you sewed him one...  :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Missie

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 14:45:15 PM »
hahahah @Acorn , so did I!  :D

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 17:32:13 PM »
I really thought you were going to say that your husband wanted a welding mask but couldn't get one... so you sewed him one...  :o

I’ve not going that far but at the moment anything that keeps him outside or in his workshop is good in my book. So if I have to sew a welding mask I’m sure there will be a  YouTube video somewhere.

Penabby

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 19:21:37 PM »
That's great haul @Penabby. Those colours look a bit 'Janet Clare'.

Come away in to the darkside. We have biscuits!  :devil:

I had to look Janet Clare up after reading your comment. I like her fabrics, definitely my style. Thank you for that  @wrenkins :)
The mind is everything, what you think you become - Buddha.

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 08:15:37 AM »
Ooh I like those blues!

I found delivery from Aldi very good.

My husband wanted a welding mask similar to the one his friend got but of course they weren’t in stock in the store. I looked on the website and there they were along with lots of other things that only appear in the shops once every six months or so.

Free postage for over £25 and they appeared in just a couple of days 0_0

I misread it too and thought it said " wedding mask" I thought that's taking personal protection to the the limit!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »
Sewing a welding mask is as useful as my OH who went out to buy one of those small bins you can burn  rubbish in. Came back empty handed because  " all they had were metal and he was after a plastic one as it's be lighter to lift"   :facepalm: Sometimes I really do wonder
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:45:07 AM by Iminei »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

KayK

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
Sewing a welding mask is as useful as my OH who went out to buy one of those small bins you can burn  rubbish in. Came back empty handed because  " all they had were metal and he was after a plastic one as it's be lighter to lift"   :facepalm: Sometimes I really do wonder

Aldi are great - DH ordered a chainsaw.....pretty good I have to say!

The above reminds me of a time when the same man decided to 'bag up' the ash from a 'dead' bonfire - he decided to use a large plastic horse feed bag - the ashes weren't that cold as when he shovelled them in, they melted the heavy plastic bag and the toes of his wellies!  :facepalm:

I did laugh.........
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »
HaHa was he a coddled child @KayK? He doesn't seem to have learned much growing up!   :facepalm:
I think with the advent of central heating and the demise of the open fire an entire generation missed out on fire safety. My brother turned into a moth/pyromaniac every time my dad lit the fire as it was such a novelty.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 12:00:48 PM »
@Catllar I hope he didn’t ask for one in the shops.  They might have thought he was taking the mick. 
@KayK gotta wonder sometimes haven’t you! 

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 19:27:49 PM »
I am now thoroughly jealous and bummed. I got all excited and checked. Aldi's does not deliver here and has no items not in store that you can order.

Aldi does not deliver!  :scream:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 19:33:02 PM »
Be patient Rene, they have only recently started delivering here. Your time will come, my precious  0_0
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 01:30:17 AM »
Be patient Rene, they have only recently started delivering here. Your time will come, my precious  0_0

I shall be old(er) and long(er) of tooth when that finally happens. My Aldi, a mile or so away, is only the second one in this region. It'll be awhile. It opened in October.

Aldi is actually the thing I miss most since the stay at home orders. It was so close and those weekly deals.  Oh my!  I'm sitting in my Aldi desk chair, one of two I bought. I'm going to go take a nap now on my Aldi pillows. Then I'll fix dinner in my Aldi electric pressure cooker. The cats will be going to the veterinarian soon in their matching Aldi  mesh cat carriers. I might cut some fabric later with my Aldi dressmakers shears.

You get the drift. I  <3 this store. All that was about $100, what I was hoping to pay for just one chair.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.