Adding photos into the text?
« on: May 20, 2020, 17:51:19 PM »
How do you do it?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

Re: Adding photos into the text?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 17:58:25 PM »
If you are a subscriber, you can do it direct.  For non-subscribers, Lunapic is a handy third party tool.  I wrote a little tutorial and it has been adopted as a solution by the forum, but I can't find the thread for it at the moment. I'll be back when I have it.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 18:02:34 PM »
@UttaRetch I have my own resizing programme and know how to put the photos on as an attachment but @Manuela has asked that competition entry photos are embedded into the text and that is what I cannot work out how to do.

Janet

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 18:20:00 PM »
When you have uploaded a photo as an attachment you will see, underneath the name of the file, the words Insert Attachment in blue and in brackets.  Click on this and it will put the image into your post at the point where your cursor was.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 18:21:56 PM »
When you write a reply, you can embed a photo link that STARTS with https and ends in either .jpg, .jpeg or .png using the little Mona Lisa icon.

The above picture link reads https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/5B51/production/_112377332__101604271_afwimixw.jpg and it is this address that I pasted into the photo generating icon.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 18:23:28 PM by UttaRetch »

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 18:36:20 PM »
Thanks @Acorn, next question, can I do it once I have posted or do I need to delete the photo and then add it again? I tried the modify button but only seem to be able change the text.

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 18:39:05 PM »
Test of attachment upload

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 19:02:40 PM »
If you click on the green box that says 'Actions' at the top right of the post, then choose modify, I think* there should be the 'Attachments and other options' link below the posting box, which will allow you to put the picture into the text.

If you click on the pencil and paper icon on the right it will only allow you to make simple changes.

*(I'm not absolutely certain, because I have admin features so I can't properly see what you can!)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 19:24:48 PM »
When you write a reply, you can embed a photo link that STARTS with https and ends in either .jpg, .jpeg or .png using the little Mona Lisa icon.

LOOK!  A GROCERY DELIVERY!!!  :faints:

Sorry. I got distracted. What were you saying?  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 20:06:33 PM »
@sewmuchmore and @Acorn, are you certain you understand what @Manuela means by '... embedded into the text'?  I have done both an embedded image and an attachment.  Perhaps @Manuela can clear up this point.

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 20:47:08 PM »
She has asked members to use the 'insert attachment' link previously, but only Manuela will be able to tell us for sure!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 14:29:38 PM by Manuela »

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 12:02:18 PM »
Hi @sewmuchmore  ... Hopefully you will have sorted this by now but here goes...

As  subscriber you can attach pics straight from your computer

Click on the + Attachments and other options below the text box

Click on choose file,
This will generally open your pictures folder in your computer, but you can choose documents or other files on your computer

Click on the image you want to insert

Click OPEN in the Pictures Library box that appeared when you clicked on Choose file

There will now be a code where previously it said No File Chosen in the Attach area

Now click in your text box where you want the pic to be so the cursor is flashing

and click on (Insert Attachment 0) (Clear Attachment)

If you want to add more pics (up to 4 per post)

Click on (more attachments)
            Restrictions: 4 per post

Crystal or Mud ????
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:06:05 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 14:29:54 PM »
She has asked members to use the 'insert attachment' link previously, but only Manuela will be able to tell us for sure!

Indeed, and I also added screenshots on how to do it in several threads. I am too tired to do anything like this now. The school has re-opened and I am teaching live and via Zoom at the same time.

Penabby

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 20:36:28 PM »
Why do my photos come out rotated? When I click on them on my computer they are the right way up, but show rotated in my post.
The mind is everything, what you think you become - Buddha.

Acorn

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 21:09:30 PM »
Are you using an ipad?  If so, that is the reason - ipads don't know which way is up.  There may be other tablets with the same problem, I'm not sure.

Unfortunately I don't think that there is an answer other than editing the picture (ipad owners please speak up if there is one).  UttaRetch's tutorial for editing and adding pictures is here.