The Sewing Place

Adding photos into the text?

UttaRetch

Re: Adding photos into the text?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 08:08:30 AM »
@Penabby: using Lunapic, you need to rotate a sideways image through 90 degrees either to the right or left to get it the correct way up.

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »
@Penabby  I've inserted several  of your pics into your text as I come across them and they always inserted the right way up ... so I wouldn't worry.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 10:21:11 AM »
Ooh - @Iminei I didn't know that happened!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Missie

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 11:51:13 AM »
I wanted to upload a photo from my phone but its not letting me do it.  It says its a fatal error, something to do with size maybe?

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »
Yep.  Please make the photo a LOT smaller.

Missie

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »
Yep.  Please make the photo a LOT smaller.

How can I make it smaller when uploading directly from my phone? (technonumpty alert!)

Flobear

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
On my Samsung you click on the camera then on the settings gear-wheel thingy. Picture size is there.

Perhaps @Acorn or some other knowledgeable bod could advise what is a good size to choose.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Acorn

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »
The absolute maximum that can be displayed on the forum is 900px wide, but 700px is usually plenty big enough.  A lot of images taken by phone cameras are over 4,000px wide.

I'm no expert on phones.  If Flobear's suggestion doesn't work try googling your phone's name and 'image resizing' or something similar.  If nothing else there are apps that will resize photos for you on your phone.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »
Thanks for that @Acorn i tried finding that info a while ago but couldn’t.  Obviously not looking in the right place!   :facepalm:

I send photos to myself in yahoo mail and resize them that way.   

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 13:57:54 PM »
My phone is a bit tempermental and doesn't always ask me which size to send via email.  I haven't found a way to reduce the size in settings and should probably dig through the manual.

Missie

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »
Thanks for that @Acorn i tried finding that info a while ago but couldn’t.  Obviously not looking in the right place!   :facepalm:

I send photos to myself in yahoo mail and resize them that way.

:( It is such a faff to do it that way though and I try to avoid using my email via my phone.  I've not posted things because of that and was wondering if there was a quick an easy way.  Until I find one that I can just upload straight from my phone, I guess I shall just refrain from posting pics.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 12:01:53 PM »
Agree it’s a bit of a faff.  But I usually use my iPad anyway.  I can’t find info on the size of the photo so wouldn’t want to upload and make a mess.   So this way is safer for me.  I ought to have a play and see what I can find.  They keep sneaking in updates and I find later that it can do all sorts of new things which had passed me by.   :rolleyes:

Lowena

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2020, 13:08:08 PM »
The size on my phone says 13mp.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Morzel

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2020, 07:41:28 AM »
Got another tech question:
Attaching a photo, I can click on the button that shows up that attachment embedded in the text. Is there a way to control the size of this embedded picture? (Like, if I use an external photo link I can use the 'length=300' command)
Eva

Missie

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 08:34:33 AM »
The size on my phone says 13mp.

@Lowena  I don't even know how you find that out!  :facepalm: