The Sewing Place

Style Arc Tops patterns 20% Off

Helen M

Style Arc Tops patterns 20% Off
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
Just seen an Instagram post from SA announcing 20% off top PDF and hard copy from with code TOP20.

Runs from 21-25th May.

Maybe we can all buy that Jules top pattern that was mentioned the other day?  ;) 
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Acorn

Re: Style Arc Tops patterns 20% Off
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:30:19 AM »
I already have it (in fact I think I started the stampede...) but I'm sure there are others there just crying out to me.   :)

They usually email me about offers, but nothing this time, so thank you very much @Helen M!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »
Oh no.... I have too many patterns...off to buy the Jules top
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:05:33 AM by Efemera »

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 11:33:29 AM »
What is it? Do I need it?!?!?!?! 8)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 11:36:59 AM »
Darn! Wanted a trouser pattern.

Helen M

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 11:40:05 AM »
I usually get an email too @Acorn, maybe it will come later. I didn't check the timing of the Instagram post so maybe it went up last night our time and of course they are half a day ahead!

I don't post on Instagram but a few bloggers I've followed for a long time also post. I've had great inspiration from them and of course you then follow others...... Got to say some of the pictures have really cheered me up during this lockdown and you don't need to post, just look!

This is the Jules https://www.stylearc.com/shop/pdf-sewing-patterns/jules-woven-tunic-pdf/

annieeg

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 12:50:13 PM »
I bought the jules top a few days ago so missed the 20%off but I did get the Maddison top free so can't complain  :D

Helen M

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 14:16:35 PM »
I've thought of a 'hack' for this pattern which I think would work.

Rather than have a buttoned front, cut front on fold (lower pieces as well) and redraw a new front facing to make a V neck top. I've been looking at several styles like this so think it may work. Also I'd perhaps raise the V neck.

Just an idea!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 14:41:16 PM »
Good idea @Helen M but just make sure there’s enough room to get in it as it’s for a woven.  ;)

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 14:43:53 PM »
Well if everybody else is buying it, it would be a shame to be left out.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 15:05:17 PM »
I've never used Style Arc before, but found the Vivienne dress to shorten to a top - but after hours of sticking and cutting (well, it felt like hours!), I've pinned it on my dummy and not sure whether to bother with cutting any fabric  :(
Is it really only a 1cm seam allowance?  Or somewhere around there, I've not measured it.

Don't suppose anyone had made this dress?

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 16:56:56 PM »
No, although I like the look of it.  Seam allowances are 1cm or sometimes 6mm (often for things you might make with an overlocker).

You did check the size guide first, didn't you?  The sizes are Australian, and I forget where they are in comparison to the UK and US, but they're not the same!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 17:20:25 PM »
And check the design, I find that their boxy styles have a lot of wearing ease so you can often go down a size or two but the reverse for their fitted designs.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Helen M

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 17:45:05 PM »
Ooh I like that dress @Bodgeitandscarper! I'd say they are smaller than the big 4.

Yes they nearly always use 3/8" or 1cm as they the designers come from an RTW background. I actually prefer it now but often add a bit extra when cutting out. Some of their earlier patterns are more close fitting as well.

annieeg

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 18:12:32 PM »
No, although I like the look of it.  Seam allowances are 1cm or sometimes 6mm (often for things you might make with an overlocker).

You did check the size guide first, didn't you?  The sizes are Australian, and I forget where they are in comparison to the UK and US, but they're not the same!
Oh flip :facepalm: :facepalm:
I wondered why I struggled with fit on these patterns.   I need to research this aspect before I cut out the Jules top.
  :thinking: