Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: June 18, 2020, 05:00:34 AM

6PAC Wardrobing Contest Voting Thread

Manuela

6PAC Wardrobing Contest Voting Thread
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:08:12 AM »
BrendaP's Entry

What did you make
Skirt, tee shirt and bolero - only three garments completed as I got side tracked sewing scrubs - but the first batch were royal blue and so would co-ordinate!  Alas I didn't take a photo of the scrubs.

Patterns used

Skirt - self drafted guided by the pattern of the fabric
Tee shirt - NewLook 6735
Bolero - Simplicity 2183

A short description on how you made it/problems overcome/etc.
I started with a length of printed cotton which was probably intended as a tablecloth but which shouted skirt at me as soon as I saw it.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I would have liked to have the waist, and therefore the hem, cut as an oval to be flatter at front and back that wasn't possible and I had to cut the skirt as a circle - or rather two semi-circles - with seams either side and a zip in the left hand side.
The bolero is cotton jersey trimmed with left over bits from the skirt and sewing the two different fabrics together was a bit of a challenge!  The coloured lace was an Ebay find.
The tee shirt was a remnant of turquiose cotton jersey, trimmed with the same fabric as the bolero.

#2 Greybird's entry

3 pieces only
Blue jacket from V7975. Fabric from Iana Fabrics online. This frayed like mad. I had to buy extra fabric to match the pattern up.
There are more pictures of this on my diary thread.

It's an odd blue colour and difficult to go with other things but I got some charcoal crepe fabric and made yet another pair of trousers from V1415. They don't look much from the photo but what I really like about them is the very narrow waistband - just over 1cm deep - because I am very short waisted, and the invisible zip opening is at the back which gives a very smooth fit.

With the left over bits of charcoal crepe, I managed to cut a sleeveless top from M2818. There wasn't enough fabric for the facings so  used the satin lining fabric I had used for the jacket. It wasn't supposed to fall forward in the front into "lapels" but I quite like the effect.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

#3 Starryfish’s entry

I made a skirt, a pair of trousers, a shirt , a top and two cardigans. The colour theme is taupe and dusty pink.
The skirt is Style Arc Bonnie midi length button front  from tawny linen,  it has a flat front waistband and an elasticated back waistband.  I made no changes.
The shirt is an Ottobre 3/4 sleeve pattern in a blush feather print, again no changes.
The cardigan is an Ottobre pattern which I have modified from the original.  As drafted it had welt pockets and a tie belt. The tie belt just gives me that sack of potatoes look so that went, and I replaced the pockets with patch pockets sewn into the hem and front band. The fabric is Linen jersey.

The top is Tessuti Kate in double gauze, made just as the pattern states.
The trousers are Style Arc Natasha made full length not 7/8 and I omitted the welt back pockets; they have a side zip.
The cardigan is Itch to Stitch Lisbon in ribbed ponte. Because of the fabric I made changes to the pattern, omitting the band at the hem and the sleeve cuffs. The front bands gave me a lot of trouble, I tried making buttonholes both by machine and by hand but neither gave a good finish. In the end I have left it unfastened as a boxy jacket/cardigan.

#4 SewRuthieSews's Entry

Black 6 piece collection, great as all sewn with black thread on the sewing machine and overlocker.
Lots of practice with buttonholes!

Musical Notes Shirt (adapted from dress in March 2020 Prima Magazine)

Black Bengaline trousers (New Look 6216 with pocket adaptation)

Floral shirt with pearl buttons (adapted from dress in March 2020 Prima Magazine)

Pinstripe trousers - Butterick 6947

Qulited Zip front jacket (Prima Feb 2010)

Black textured cardigan (cardigan from Wendy Ward's book 'Sewing with Knits')

EliseP's Entry

A collage of a few looks together;

Each piece;

Burda 6465 in black & silver wool. The photos don't show it clearly but the silver is stamped/painted on top of the wool weave (the wrong side is plain black).
It's hard to choose a favourite from this 6PAC but I think this is it! It's underlined in cotton poplin and then lined in hot pink silk. Trim around the hem of the body and sleeves made by me, too. Pattern altered to include zippered pockets and centre front zip (original has patch pockets and buttons through).

Designer Stitch Dylan Pants in stretch wool/poly gabardine
The photos don't show the style lines very clearly but these are really nice pants! Mid waist with flattering wide waistband, 7/8 length slim leg. The came together quickly and easily, I'll definitely make them again.

Kwik Sew 3580 in stretch cotton canvas
This is my TNT pencil skirt pattern I've been making for years! It's lined in a heavyweight stretch poly satin that is my absolute favourite lining for these applications as it holds everything in and smooths out the bumps!

Kwik Sew 3580 in stretch poly suiting
This is my "previously made item", made some time last year. As it was hanging about in my sewing room waiting for an alteration while I was making the 6PAC, and I couldn't include one of my original items due to a zipper not turning up in time, I did the alteration at the last minute to include it.

Butterick 3030 in silk chiffon
I also entered this piece in the Scraps contest as it's made in a scrap of fabric leftover from a dress I made last year. This is a TNT pattern for me so it went together fairly easily, the slippery fabric not withstanding! The narrow hem gave me a little trouble but we got there.

Vogue 1387 in silk crepe de chine
This was originally a wearable toile to check that this pattern would come together for a piece of silk charmeuse that I am too scared to use without a practice run first! Also a number of people reported issues with the pattern so I wanted to check that too. It came together nicely, and is definitely wearable! I did make a mistake on the pleats on the front, but you shouldn't notice too much when worn. I also put a pleat in the back rather than gathers as it called for. When I'm up to the task of sewing with a slippery charmeuse, I'll embark on the "real" piece!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:10:43 AM by Iminei »

Iminei

Re: 6PAC Wardrobing Contest Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 05:02:33 AM »
Vote, Vote, Vote for the 6 PAC Wardrobing Contest !!!

Sorry Folks, Only 1 Vote Each ... Voting ends 5 am (ish) (GMT) on the 18th June!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:06:42 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 07:00:28 AM »
Should I be able to see pics of Brenda’s makes, @Iminei ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:06:54 AM by Iminei »

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 09:05:43 AM »
Voted!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:07:10 AM by Iminei »

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »
@Iminei - BrendaP doesn't have any pictures!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »
Apologies to all ... especially @BrendaP  Im still working my way through these processes
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again