The Sewing Place

Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close

Helen M

Re: Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2020, 11:47:59 AM »
Just an update re Allavsoft and Bluprint for those who have bought the software.

I have just read on Pattern Review that somewhere on Allavsoft's website they say they will cease to let you download 'Own Forever Classes' in 10 days time. 

I can't see it on their site and have asked poster for a link, but if you have the software maybe use it soon!

It has loads of other uses, if you have a Spotify account you can convert music to MP3 with Allavsoft, just one thing that may appeal.....

Edited to add
Just located it, it's on the support page. Reading it I think if you have already got them to 'unlock' your Bluprint account you will still be able to download but they won't do any new requests. I may be wrong though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:54:06 AM by Helen M »
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2020, 11:51:33 AM »
Glad I got mine downloaded.  Don’t need to worry now.

Sewingsue

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2020, 16:41:07 PM »
Just realised that I never joined Blueprint when they took over Craftsy so I never had access to my Craftsy classes anyway.

Anyone wonder how I became Queen of Procrastination?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

maliw

« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2020, 16:53:35 PM »
I've only got one actual class that I paid for but loads in the My patterns, however most of those are from So sew easy and available on their website, so I wasn't too bothered. Good news that everything will still be accessible.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2020, 18:22:20 PM »
Just realised that I never joined Blueprint when they took over Craftsy so I never had access to my Craftsy classes anyway.

Anyone wonder how I became Queen of Procrastination?

One day at a time @Sewingsue . One day at a time.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kitten

« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2020, 18:52:35 PM »
I never joined Bluprint either but still had access to my classes.  I used to search for Craftsy & log in that way.

Helen M

« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2020, 20:02:47 PM »
I have a feeling that Craftsy members were automatically transferred to Bluprint when they acquired Craftsy. I still access mine from a Craftsy icon on my desktop and don't recall joining Bluprint.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

justpottering

« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2020, 20:43:27 PM »
Same here @Helen M
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

WendyW

« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2020, 23:42:23 PM »
Good news! Below I have copied two letters that are now posted on the Bluprint site. Another company has bought them out and intends to maintain/continue the service.

Dear Valued Member of the Bluprint Community:

We are excited to announce that your access to your subscription services and individually purchased classes will continue. In addition to classes, your access to course materials and course patterns will also continue.

Our friends at TN Marketing have acquired certain assets of the Bluprint business, and the Bluprint and TN teams are working together to ensure a smooth transition. As part of this transition, TN Marketing has agreed to honor previous customer purchases for classes and subscriptions and will preserve your access to Bluprint content.

The Craftsy/Bluprint team have spent the last decade working to build the world’s best learning content and community. We are confident that TN Marketing will continue this legacy and feel that their customer centric approach, deep understanding of content and hobbies, and technical acumen make them uniquely positioned to do so.

I speak for myself and the entire Bluprint staff in saying that it has been a profound honor to be a part of this decade long journey, and that you are in good hands moving forward. With that, I’d like to introduce Cal Franklin, CEO of TN Marketing.

Thank you, stay safe, and craft on.

Sincerely,

John

From Cal:

I’m Cal Franklin, the CEO of TN Marketing and the new CEO of the wonderful Bluprint community. We are eager to serve you with new and exciting content and just as importantly keep the subscriptions and classes you purchased over the years available for you to enjoy. The TN Marketing and Bluprint community combined will now represent over 3.5 million hobbyists with over 17 million crafting classes sold, and will continue on as the leader in the crafts and hobbies education space.

My team and I have long been connecting passionate crafters with their hobbies and providing online learning and instruction. We understand your passion and are focused on continuing the excitement, enthusiasm and loyalty you have had for Bluprint, and previously, Craftsy.

There are many exciting things to come and our team is working fast in concert with the Bluprint team. Rest assured that access to your classes, and subscriptions will remain available.

We understand how important this community is to you and we are honored to be joining it. Stay tuned for more communications coming soon.

Sincerely,

Cal Franklin

CEO and President TN Marketing

Marniesews

« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2020, 01:07:29 AM »
That's useful to know. Thank you, @WendyW !

Doesn't give any idea whether we'll continue with the same access links but I suspect I'll see that info on here before I see it on Bluprint.  :)

It was a heck of a long palaver downloading all my classes but it's great to have them without the dependence on the online site and, if I do buy more, hopefully the same procedure will work again...assuming they still continue with the app.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

classical retro

« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2020, 09:30:46 AM »
I’ve had an email to say they’ll be up and running on 1 September.  TN promises “special events” on the launch date and will honour Craftsy customers etc.
CR  :angel:

Marniesews

« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2020, 09:45:04 AM »
...and apparently in the interim we just continue with the normal Bluprint login. I notice they seem to revert the name Craftsy more often for the new service so perhaps it will return to that for the September launch of the new platform.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.