The Sewing Place

Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close

Ellabella

Re: Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2020, 11:37:11 AM »
Yes - I would like to know whether the shop is going to continue in any way.  Their FQ packs are my treat once or twice a year (twice so far this year...)

@Acorn ! its only May!

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2020, 11:43:58 AM »
Just because he says something doesnt mean it will actually get done or even that he has any intention of honouring our lifetime purchases at all ...

just remember the Banks's (Celia and husband) and The Sewing Forum in January 2017 ...

It was always down due to technical reasons, always just about to come back ... and did it ????
Nah! They took your subscriptions and ran.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 12:24:47 PM »
@Acorn ! its only May!

I know...  :|

It's an unusual year, though.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 12:32:50 PM »
I've bought a few classes but always take the 'forever' with a pinch of salt. 

If you attend a real/live class you might come away with some class notes, but other than that it's down to what you remember from the day.  If it's a series of classes you will get the opportunity to ask questions at the next class but if it's a one-off workshop sort of class once it's over, it's over.

All I can suggest is re-visiting the classes you have bought whilst you still can.

USA is very much more litigious than UK; I'm sure that if it's going to be possible to take legal action someone will.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

UttaRetch

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2020, 13:36:53 PM »
There is talk of a 'class action' all over the net, BUT the terms and conditions were clear and users consented to them.

If we actually sat down and read the terms and conditions of the services to which we sign up, it is apparent that there are only two options: accept or decline.  We cannot negotiate with the supplier to vary the terms.

Helen M

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2020, 14:39:33 PM »
I know it's not the same as 'seeing' but has anyone thought of recording sound only? Get out your old cassette players and connect them up. It's better than nothing.

I have a program called Total Recorder (for more than 15 years now) and it will capture any sound on a computer. You then save it to what formula you want on your computer. Spoken word can take very little space if you reduce the bit rate that you save it in. CD quality is about 192, spoken word can be fine at 56 to give you an idea. There is a free one called Audacity but I found it less easy to use. Mine is like recording stuff in the old days it has sound 'needles' which you can adjust. It's great for radio programmes!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Sewingsue

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2020, 14:58:57 PM »
@Acorn ! its only May!
But it's 2020 - normal rules do not apply!
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2020, 15:55:16 PM »
cassette recorders ???????   

Oh ..... like the thing we used to record Top of the Pops on on a Sunday night, finger hovering over the pause button ready to strike the moment the DJ spoke ???

Haven't seen one of those in years!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Helen M

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2020, 15:59:28 PM »
That's them @Iminei!

Acorn

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2020, 16:06:09 PM »
cassette recorders ???????   

Oh ..... like the thing we used to record Top of the Pops on on a Sunday night, finger hovering over the pause button ready to strike the moment the DJ spoke ???

Haven't seen one of those in years!

I'm still using one out in the workshop kitchen!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

WendyW

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2020, 21:24:34 PM »
My husband has figured out how to download and save mine using a pirating software. The videos look good, but the audio has an annoying echo.

Recently as I cleaned up part of my basement, I unearthed and sorted out all my kid's cassette tapes- kid music, books on tape, and educational tapes. I packed them all into one box with a player for the grandkids to use when they are here.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2020, 21:37:54 PM »
As a subscriber still  no email today.  But there was a letter on the homepage. So sorry, blah, blah, working on some way for us to keep our forever classes and, most importantly, the refund speech. We're to receive a prorated refund based on their last day of service, to be communicated to us when it's finalized in the near future.

Sigh. At least I'll still have Creativebug. For now anyway.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kwaaked

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2020, 01:41:12 AM »
There is an open source video recorder, just saying.

Helen M

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2020, 10:14:12 AM »
There is an open source video recorder, just saying.

Does it have a name @Kwaaked?

Kwaaked

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2020, 10:45:23 AM »
OBS Studio.  Takes a second to learn, like all open source, it's not the easiest to use. 

Best way:
On the plus at the bottom toward the left, add audio.  Then new browser.  Type in the website, then right click the browser tab at the bottom where you added and click interact.  Then log in.  Just start recording a second before you click on play.

It will get any system sounds, so mute everything but Obs, but you can web surf without it showing up.