The Sewing Place

Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close

Kwaaked

Re: Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2020, 19:24:14 PM »
@Helen M Windows, I don't have a Mac, sorry.

Helen M

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2020, 19:30:27 PM »
That's great I use Windows!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Vezelay

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2020, 21:00:37 PM »
Just to say what I've done in case it helps anyone else here. I tried and failed with several methods but came good in the end.

First off I tried the Chrome video downloader extension and managed to download one lesson of one class. but then it refused to download anything in full. I think it was happy with the short 6 minute intro but it gave up during the longer lessons. Next...

@Kwaaked's method unfortunately wouldn't work for me although I watched the video and followed her instructions faithfully. I think I probably needed to download the curl executable for Windows and I felt I'd spent enough time on it by then. I know this works well for many but I decided to move on. Next...

I tried two free video downloader apps but they wouldn't recognise the Bluprint videos as videos. So...

...following a suggestion on Pattern Review, I downloaded the Opera browser and its extension Flash Video Downloader - that took two minutes. It's simple and it works well. The first couple of classes took me a while as I worked out how to refresh the page for each lesson and check that I was downloading the right lesson. But I've done ten classes now and I'm pleased to have found a method that works for me. Each class of 7 or 8 lessons takes me about ten minutes. The lessons are already named - I just number them and create a folder for them. That takes two minutes.

So less than 15 minutes a class. Not as fast as Kwaaked but I probably wouldn't be anyway.

I have another 20 classes to go, some of which I may not bother with. I bought a 1T hard drive which I needed anyway and I'll load them onto that when it arrives. Maybe Bluprint will come up with something but then maybe they won't - I'd give it 50-50.

Kwaaked

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2020, 02:09:44 AM »
I couldn't get curl to work, either.

However, I started off with your method, but not all videos download, so be sure to check to make sure you have them all.

mudcat

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2020, 02:48:26 AM »
I am trying to convince myself that if I cared enough about the classes I bought I would have watched them by now.

I was feeling that way a little bit too .. but some of the classes are for things that I'd watch right before I'd do them ... for example the swimwear course or working with lace course. 

I was also intending to go through the Suzy Furrer drafting courses once I retired (later this year) and had more free time.  I actually paid a lot for most of those unlike the rest of the courses where I only bought on sale when they were at $20-25.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2020, 04:08:59 AM »
I am trying to convince myself that if I cared enough about the classes I bought I would have watched them by now.

Ditto. A lot of them I just wanted to stream over the course of the year and take my time buying ones based on having viewed them. Then all the great courses classes which were stream only. Some were earmarked for high summer when it's blasting hot out and quilting classes for the winter when it's nice to be covered in fabric. I'm bummed but unlike many of you don't have a big investment here.

I saw @mudcat post about the Furrer drafting classes. I'd already resolved to be content with the Cal Patch drafting series over on Creativebug where I'm also a member. It's like a VW bug vs a Ferrari but my style is less refined anyway and Cal covers the basics well.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Vezelay

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2020, 08:22:49 AM »
I've now finished downloading my 30 classes using the Opera browser and extension - about 8 hours in all. That includes indexing and a quick quality control. I used video download speed of 640 for most as a compromise between download time and watchability. I tweaked VLC player settings following some online instructions and they seem to play well on that. Windows own video player was a bit choppy at times. I don't recommend using a lower download speed.

Anyway, done and dusted. I left a few basic classes I'd already watched and didn't want to keep. Glad I don't have 100+ like some!

StitchinTime

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2020, 12:07:27 PM »
Does anyone have the classes 'Color Play for Quilters' or 'Machine Quilting in Sections'?  If so, please message me.

@Pearl I don't have the Color Play for Quilters class but I do have the free 2014 Block of the Month course which was called Craftsy Colour Theory and was by Janine Burke & Amy Walsh. It covers Analogous Colour Study, Complementary Colour Study, Colour and Proportion, Warm and Cool Colour Study, Hexadic Colour Study and Value Study.

Helen M

« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2020, 20:12:20 PM »
I found this on another forum regarding Allavsoft. This link provides to me a good tutorial (similar settings to my audio capture program). It is from sewmodernbags.com.

https://sewmodernbags.com/how-to-download-video-classes-from-bluprint-or-craftsy/

1 month Allavsoft is US$ 19.99 which isn't too bad and you should be able to get your classes downloaded in that time. I'm thinking of giving it a go.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2020, 21:59:45 PM »
I’ve been looking into this too @Helen M
Thanks for the link I’ll have a good look.

mudcat

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2020, 01:51:48 AM »
I've just completed the final non-cooking course download. Those were my priority.  I have 22 cooking courses still to download and hope to complete it by the end of the weekend.

realale

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »
I just want to add my thanks to @Kwaaked for the download information as I've now successfully downloaded all my purchased classes plus loads of classes I had viewed but not bought. As they took my years subscription in March I felt totally justified in downloading anything and everything I was interested in. I'd forgotten how good some of those classes were.
I'm a daily lurker on this site but rarely post but wanted @Kwaaked to know how much I appreciated her instructions. I haven't bothered with the close captioning but all the rest are downloaded to my PC and some are already on USB sticks ready to be watched/played in the background whilst I'm sewing. I find the classes are excellent for inspiration as much as for information.
So thank you again @Kwaaked , you're my hero  :toast:
PS I've watched some quilting classes whilst downloading and may be tempted to the darkside!! Maybe......... :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:23:00 AM by realale »
So many beers, so little time.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »
@realale you've inspired me to try to download the bleeping classes. Maybe a few extra since my coupons didn't work and my customer service request went unanswered. I only have 25 and really only "need" half  of them.

I did just download 18 patterns out of the 21 I had. Took all of 4 minutes.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Helen M

« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2020, 10:57:36 AM »
I’ve been looking into this too @Helen M
Thanks for the link I’ll have a good look.

@Ohsewsimple  I have just had a look at Allavsoft website and the $19.99 offer ends in 2 days. I'm going to buy mine today!  https://www.allavsoft.com/video-downloader-converter.html#head

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
@Ohsewsimple  I have just had a look at Allavsoft website and the $19.99 offer ends in 2 days. I'm going to buy mine today!  https://www.allavsoft.com/video-downloader-converter.html#head

Ooh thanks @Helen M   I will sort that today too.