The Sewing Place

Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close

StitchinTime

Re: Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »
@Kwaaked Thank you so much for much for posting your how-to video - I am now compiling a spreadsheet with all my URLs so I can download the classes in between other tasks.

One thing I have discovered is that the video URLs are automatically for the highest quality as shown by -high.mp4 at the end of the URL. However you can change high to medium or low to get the different options which are smaller file sizes. For example, a 4 minute intro video for one of my courses is approximately 81.4 MB at high, 52.7 MB at medium and 23.5 MB at low.

When I view the videos in full screen on a 22" computer monitor I can't tell much difference between high and medium, but low has lost some clarity, however, low may be OK if you are going to view them on a tablet.

Ellabella

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2020, 16:22:14 PM »
Thanks very much @Kwaaked , I don’t understand a word of it but am sure if I take it slowly I’ll get there.

I can put them on my PC so now am just deciding which ones to save.  My god I bought a lot of crap!

Pearl

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2020, 17:32:07 PM »
@Ellabella , I was talking to a friend who was interested in trying FPP.  I told her how much I loved it and she said, "If you can do it, it must be easy."   :| >< :D  So you will be reassured to know I have saved two classes.

Does anyone have the classes 'Color Play for Quilters' or 'Machine Quilting in Sections'?  If so, please message me.

I also have bought "a load of crap."  I won't be saving any crochet classes as I won't be crocheting this lifetime. 

wrenkins

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2020, 18:16:58 PM »
Friend you say @Pearl ?!?!?!?  :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Pearl

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2020, 18:53:32 PM »
Friend you say @Pearl ?!?!?!?  :S

She is lovely and was very  :| when she realised what she'd said.

wrenkins

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2020, 19:21:47 PM »
I too have a friend like that.  :hug:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Puzzler

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2020, 20:20:59 PM »

Thank you for making the video. It appears others have had success.

Okay, I was having a problem then read your written instructions and realised why. I am not up to Step 6 - copy the numbered part. I'm stuck again. I've copied it but where do I paste it? The videos are in column C. Why do we need to copy column B? Something I am not comprehending. Will have another look tomorrow when I am not so drowsy. Off to watch Sewing Bee. That'll put me right out.  0_0
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 20:34:00 PM by Puzzler »

Pearl

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2020, 20:31:29 PM »
This is what I got from Reddit, @Puzzler

downgrade",mode:"cors",credentials:"include"}).then(e=>e.json()).then(s=>{const{url:o,vttUrl:c}=s[1],a=0===t?`\t${r}\t"${n.map(e=>e.href).join('"\t"')}"`:"";e(`${lessonName}\t${l}\t${o}\t${c}\tmkdir -p "${lessonName}";curl -q ${o} > "${lessonName}/${lessonName} - ${l}.mp4";curl -q ${c} > "${lessonName}/${lessonName} - ${l}.vtt"${a}`)}).catch(s)})),cp=copy,Promise.all(downloadPromises).then(e=>{console.log(e),cp(e.join("\n"))})

Puzzler

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2020, 20:34:51 PM »
See above. Told you I need a dummies guide.  :rolleyes:

Pearl

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2020, 20:55:02 PM »
You copy the B column so that you can use what is there as the name of the video when you save it.

Enjoy the Sewing Bee and try again tomorrow.

Kwaaked

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2020, 22:39:56 PM »
Pearl has it: they're the names of the videos. 

mudcat

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2020, 03:38:24 AM »
Kwaaked, thanks for posting those directions.  I just did one class successfully. 

My process is a little more tedious because I don't typically use google (I will delete chrome when I'm done) and I don't have excel.  I use LibreOffice but the spreadsheet isn't very robust and often a copy/paste puts everything in one column.  I happen to have Pages (part of iMac) and was able to partially paste there ... at least enough to get the title and download link.

As it turns out I have 68 classes.  My plan is to make a list and prioritize them in case I'm not able to get all of them downloaded by the end of the time we have.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:44:55 AM by mudcat »

Puzzler

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2020, 16:27:25 PM »
I need Chrome for work so had it loaded already.

I managed to copy my first class!!! 8) I got lost on how to marry up the CC with the videos. I think you clicked 'subtitles' at one stage. On my old Mac that option was greyed out. I can live without them as long as I have the videos. I'm wondering about the space available for downloading most of my classes. I do have a portable hard drive already containing some pdf patterns and all of my Craftsy resources so presuming I can load them on to that.

There have been major IT changes at work and today I was trying to get to grips with it all. I am told it'll take about two weeks for me to get used to them. Given this steep learning curve I have in front of me, I'm glad I at least managed the Bluprint download. Thanks again @Kwaaked and thank you for your help too, @Pearl.

Sewingsue

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2020, 17:09:30 PM »
I am trying to convince myself that if I cared enough about the classes I bought I would have watched them by now.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Helen M

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2020, 18:07:30 PM »
Are these instructions for Windows or Mac or for both?

I'll watch the video later, thanks in advance @Kwaaked  :)

Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72