The Sewing Place

Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close

Marniesews

Re: Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2020, 18:57:10 PM »
Oh no! We haven't managed to download any of them on our LInux laptops and our Samsung tablet is way too old.

Think we OH may have to particition the hard disk of my laptop to load MS Windows and try that. Which of these methods seemed to work well for UK users with MS Windows?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Kitten

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2020, 19:36:35 PM »
I used Allvasoft.  They were really quick coming back after adding my Craftsy login and then after about 5 hours I had all my classes downloaded.

I just did another random spot check and they are all clear with good sound.

I think it was worth the investment to not lose the money I'd spent over the years on Craftsy (Bluprint).

Helen M

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2020, 19:52:16 PM »
I too used Allavsoft and found it good. In fact I wonder if I should have bought the 1 year subscription rather than the 1 month as I think it could have other uses apart from Bluprint.

To save you searching the previous pages this is a good tutorial https://sewmodernbags.com/how-to-download-video-classes-from-bluprint-or-craftsy/

Also this one https://sewingplums.com/2020/06/13/download-craftsy-bluprint-videos/ from Lisanne who is a member here.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Ellabella

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2020, 22:29:16 PM »
I bought a months subscription to Allavsoft and found them very efficient.

I only want about 25% of my classes but couldn’t delete the ones I don’t want, so decided to download everything. Of course I didn’t have the disc space and so everything stopped and I got myself in a right tizz.

I then started looking at new external HDs which I don’t really want to buy as DS has promised to give me a couple of his HDs when he upgrades and when he can actually come inside and fit them.

Suddenly realised I can put them in my Dropbox :facepalm:, so upgraded to Plus and download is going fine (It may take some time).

Once everything is downloaded I can get rid of the dross, sort it to my PC when DS has done my upgrade and cancel the extra Dropbox.

Feeling quite smug now :rolleyes:

Helen M

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2020, 22:47:20 PM »
If there are any classes that you don't want to download you need to 'archive' them on the Bluprint site. They then wiĺl not get downloaded when you start the process.

Marniesews

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2020, 03:40:44 AM »
Thank you @Kitten @Helen M and @Ellabella DH has had a look and thinks that software should work on Linux anyway (he wasn't getting any joy with Opera at all). Going to give it a try tomorrow.

:)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ellabella

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2020, 09:03:59 AM »
Just checked, 17 hours to go  0_0

Marniesews

« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2020, 17:32:25 PM »
Phew! Finally got there. Unfortunately the Alvasoft is no longer an available option as Bluprint have stopped that route - apparently auto notifications were sent to them each time a video transfer procedure was launched so I guess they must have been pretty overwhelmed!

DH tried the Opera method again and this time it worked for a few lessons but then they started freezing part way through the transfer and he couldn't find out why or another way around.  :headbang:

In the end he searched the internet and found this way of copying from the app download. Not sure if this specific method has been mentioned earlier in this thread but it's worth repeating as it seems a very stable method and despite being described here for Windows it also worked for us on our Linux set up.

It's been a labour of love to copy my 33 classes, lesson by lesson closing the app immediately and copying it to my laptop before reopening the app to copy the next lesson. Because of the problem with the video freezing, I also opened each video on my laptop to click into it at intervals to the end just to check it plays okay. I do wonder if any subscribers may have tried this method to download & copy lesson-by-lesson too! Not fair to the tutors perhaps who will undoubtedly be thinking about recreating their lessons to sell themselves.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2020, 18:30:40 PM »
Not sure I'm even going to bother.

Was cheered last night. I like some of The Great Courses offerings they had but you couldn't pick them as free classes. It's close to $400 to buy the drawing class by David  Brody. My library offers free streaming of movies etc through Kanopy and this class is one of them.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Helen M

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2020, 19:51:15 PM »
@Marniesews Allavsoft is still working for me. I've just downloaded a single class using the 2nd method that the https://sewmodernbags.com/how-to-download-video-classes-from-bluprint-or-craftsy/ describes. No problem.

I used Allavsoft for something else yesterday and they offered an update to the software. I declined just in case it messed up any method that I use. I only have it for 1 month so not much longer and I'd rather stick with what I know works.

Anyway it seems there is still hope if you haven't got your classes down yet.

Marniesews

« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2020, 21:12:16 PM »
That's good, @Helen M . I don't understand the tech aspects of these things at all but I know we didn't go further once DH had found the reference to those login issues with Bluprint and wasn't keen to pay for the software subscription after that, not least one designed to be used with a different operating system. Unfortunately he doesn't have the link now so I can't give any details.  Hopefully I haven't got entirely the wrong end of the stick.

You having got your login previously may have something to do with it but it might still be worth others trying still perhaps. Certainly it's been clear from this thread that some things work well for one and then not for another even when using the same operating system.

Going through this process has made me realise how many of them I hadn't watched or only dipped in and out of. Hopefully I'll find some time over the rest of the year to sit down to watch and learn with a bit more perseverance! But right now, Bluprint videos are the last thing I want to spend more time watching! :rolleyes:

Tiggy

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2020, 08:09:37 AM »
I used Allvasoft.  They were really quick coming back after adding my Craftsy login and then after about 5 hours I had all my classes downloaded.

I just did another random spot check and they are all clear with good sound.

I think it was worth the investment to not lose the money I'd spent over the years on Craftsy (Bluprint).

I am in the process of downloading my classes, as I type!  So good to hear that they down loaded well.

It seems that a new company called 'Skillshare' is jumping into the gap left by Bluprint.  Hope it works well for them.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Missie

« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12:02 AM »
Unfortunately the Alvasoft is no longer an available option as Bluprint have stopped that route - apparently auto notifications were sent to them each time a video transfer procedure was launched so I guess they must have been pretty overwhelmed!

Wow, luckily for me I transferred mine with Alvasoft on Sunday.  It was pretty painless. I just downloaded everything and will decide which to delete at a later date, although I've not checked the sound quality.

That is pretty poor of bluprint if they have stopped Alvasoft being used.  They are taking away what people have paid for and yet not allowing them to obtain them by any other means. 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
Sound and picture is good on mine @Missie

Helen M

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2020, 11:41:35 AM »
That is pretty poor of bluprint if they have stopped Alvasoft being used.  They are taking away what people have paid for and yet not allowing them to obtain them by any other means.

They haven't stopped Allavsoft from working. I'm using it right now to download another class that I forgot.