The Sewing Place

Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close

Ellabella

Re: Bluprint (was Craftsy) to close
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2020, 11:47:50 AM »
Did it mean that whilst existing users are ok, they are not taking new subscriptions?

Marniesews

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2020, 14:13:55 PM »
It's unclear @Ellabella I was explaining that we'd not taken it further after DH found an online piece saying that was so but it looks as though it may not have been correct. In the end I got all mine downloaded but using a more laborious process. It's unclear if Alvasoft would have worked with out Linux systems too.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Helen M

« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2020, 15:10:31 PM »
Did it mean that whilst existing users are ok, they are not taking new subscriptions?

The Allavsoft website is still allowing you to buy any of their subscriptions @Ellabella.

I need to contact them to see how I can extend my month. You can use it for many other sites and there is not the problem of the password that there was with Bluprint. I think that was probably because we 'owned' the classes. I recorded a Radio 2 (I know, sound only) show as a trial and the method is the same as the 2nd method described in the Modernbags tutorial. It worked well, I have other software that allows me to record any sound so I was just wanting to do a comparison.

It would seem that Bluprint are also allowing you to subscribe, which I think is a disgrace considering they are supposedly closing sometime later this month or next (according to Colorado newpapers as reported on Pattern Review).
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Tiggy

« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2020, 15:15:56 PM »

It would seem that Bluprint are also allowing you to subscribe, which I think is a disgrace considering they are supposedly closing sometime later this month or next (according to Colorado newpapers as reported on Pattern Review).

Absolutely agree.  I will be cancelling my payment when I've downloaded everything.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Helen M

« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2020, 17:56:54 PM »
There is an update from Bluprint to say that TN Marketing are taking over. There is a letter on your Bluprint with details.

Apparently we will still have access to our Library and subscribed classes.

Acorn

« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2020, 18:23:31 PM »
I just want to know whether anybody is going to be selling their lovely quilting fabrics - which, as I understand it, were exclusive to them.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2020, 19:25:50 PM »
@Acorn where did all that stock go? I for one had loads of it in my basket saving up for a big order then phut! Gone!  :o
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2020, 20:01:28 PM »
I sneaked an order in a few days before the end, but my basket was still full when they closed down...   :scream:

They didn't reduce the prices beyond their normal reductions, so they can't have wanted to get rid of it.   :thinking:  That must mean they have plans for it - or someone else does.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

classical retro

« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2020, 21:13:33 PM »
There is an update from Bluprint to say that TN Marketing are taking over. There is a letter on your Bluprint with details.

Apparently we will still have access to our Library and subscribed classes.
I have been following this thread and putting off the day to do something about my classes. I'd got to the point of looking at Allvasoft, wondering about the free download, looking for an external hard drive then saw this.
Does that mean I don't have to go to the expense - time and money - of keeping them all? Although it would be well worth it I suppose.

Where do I find out how many megabytes each class takes up?  (for the external hard drive)

"Would that it were so simple"

CR :angel:

Kwaaked

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2020, 21:45:11 PM »
Each class takes about 5 gigs.

mudcat

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2020, 01:33:36 AM »
Downloading my classes filled my hard drive up to 1.2 TB. I'm not completely sure what it was before but I think it added about 450 GB.  My backup drive only held 1TB so I bought two new ones.  We swap them out periodically and keep one in the safe.

It's unlikely I'll ever go to TN Marketing unless I find an issue with one of my downloads.  But, I'm glad someone is taking over since it appears on other sites some people were holding out for a solution and not downloading as a precaution.  I was feeling a little worried for them.

justpottering

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »
I received an email saying I could keep using all my classes so happy with that for now
Will possibly look into ways of downloading it sometime because it will probably happen again  :rolleyes:
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Celia

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2020, 10:37:18 AM »
I received an email saying I could keep using all my classes so happy with that for now
Will possibly look into ways of downloading it sometime because it will probably happen again  :rolleyes:

Me too I kept putting off doing anything and feeling bad about it, still cross that I didn’t get to use all my keep for even classes

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »
I'm relieved too. Since I screwed up there at the end and wasn't able to buy all the classes I've had a bitter taste in my mouth. Fueled by zero response from customer disservice. There were classes I planned on watching in the fall and now I can. Of course I'd planned to buy some of them if I liked them but oh well. That's one less annoyance from this wretched year.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Helen M

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2020, 11:31:42 AM »
I'm glad I downloaded mine but also pleased that we will still have access via this new place. hopefully with an app. so I can watch on my tablet. It also renewed a bit of my confidence in software/downloading etc that I'd not done in a long while.

I had thought of getting a USB flash drive stick (still might) large enough to hold some classes that can be attached to tablet it in case this new setup fizzles out and I don't want to use laptop to view.