The Sewing Place

Sunday May 24th 2020

Lowena

Sunday May 24th 2020
« on: May 24, 2020, 00:00:05 AM »
Hopefully another warm and sunny day in store for us all.
We're going to have a bbq so I won't have to cook.
Glad to have finished the baby quilt and am quite pleased with it. Baby due in two weeks, when I'll post the quilt. I deliberately haven't put a label on it in case they want to give it straight to the charity shop  :D :D
Going to have another quiet day probably reading and doing a little hand embroidery.
Have a good Sunday peeps  :flower: :flower:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:51:03 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Renegade Sewist

Re: Sunday May 24th 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 00:42:19 AM »
Heating up this week. Sunday will be the last decent one. Going from low 80's to 104-110 F next week. That'd be 40-44.3 C for you lucky people. I could just die.  :faints:  Our community cleanup is the 8th of June, just two weeks now, and I'm just thrilled to be trying to put stuff out in the heat. Let's all guess how much pruning I accomplish.  :thinking:

On a brighter note I spoke with my neighbor who brought out a full sized quilt she recently finished for her daughter. It was nice. Sonia's was using a piece of ceramic tile to true up blocks and ruining rotary cutters until I gave her a spare 12" square ruler I had. She's agreed to take any fabric I don't want. How exciting is that! She and her Granny are still making charity quilts for the police to give to kids as well as pet beds for the shelter. We're still pretty much locked down here so I'm relieved to get rid of some.

I'm babbling. It's the heat, honest. Have a good day.

Sewingsue

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 08:03:11 AM »
Morning
Welcome to another week in limbo

Wind has dropped a bit, sun is shining, blessings have been counted,

Mood hasn't lifted
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 08:36:13 AM »
Morning
Welcome to another week in limbo

Wind has dropped a bit, sun is shining, blessings have been counted,

Mood hasn't lifted
I know how you feel. :(
On the plus side I did find a home for my new halogen oven and cooked very tasty crispy duck yesterday evening :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:38:34 AM by annieeg »

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:42:17 AM »
Me too ... No sewing was done yesterday  -<   :(  and the day is promising to be beautiful and hot so whether I will lurk in the gloaming in my dining room all day or venture out into the glare of the sun is anybodies guess ....

I would really like to go to the beach which is only a half hour drive from me ... unlike the hour and a half plus drive the world and his wife seemed to be willing to undertake last weekend !  :angry:  ><

Nah I think Ill stay home and watch TV in the gloaming ... I wonder whats on ...

Oh yes ... Coranavirus street!  :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 08:51:39 AM »
Well no nice weather in the NE...still windy, cool and dull. Tracing a few patterns today, may do a few toiles.

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 09:00:51 AM »
I'm keeping a low profile today.  Yesterday, following on from honeygate, every last little thing fought back.  At least i have a clean kitchen floor after cleaning it 4 or 5 times.
I've got to sort out accommodation for a broody chicken (that's one of the things that fought back yesterday - the accommodation, not the chicken though she did peck me).  Don't know what else.
Have a good day everyone.
Life's too short for ironing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 09:31:49 AM »
Very wafty, very little sun, lots of dark clouds (no rain forecast though) and 15C.

@Ploshkin we currently have two broody Pekin bantams, and we've left them to it this time as they are the only chucks we have now.  They do come out every afternoon for a wander up the garden and a dust bath.

Another day of doing very little, it's just too wafty out there, and I'm too lazy in here.

Greybird

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 09:42:33 AM »
Morning everyone. Feeling very wound up and shaky. Mum has outdone herself this morning. She was absolutely furious with the carer for daring to try and give her a wash (we gave up on the shower some time ago). She has hit her and shouted and sworn at her - and she's much stronger than you might think. At several points it got so bad I had to go in and read the riot act and she gave me the same treatment. Now she's back in her chair with her breakfast and with a bit of luck she'll have forgotten all about it. Trouble is, I won't have. I get so that sometimes I can't bear the sight of her and I stay out of the way for as long as I can.

Sorry, feel better for having written all that down. Think I'll go and sew something. Hope you all have better days.

annieeg

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 09:50:24 AM »
@Greybird
How very distressing for you - I hope a bit of sewing gives you some solace :hug:

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »
So sorry for your distress @Greybird  I hope your day improves
Triumph of hope over experience :D

justpottering

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 10:02:04 AM »
Morning everyone  weather can't make up it's mind this morning, it's dull with bursts of sunshine, it's breezy then very still, it's warm one minute then cool the next  :S

I'm the same, can't decide if I'm in the mood to do something or CBA  0_0

I've been for a walk, didn't see a soul, I'm definitely in the mood to be alone today but that won't happen because DH is here and I'm working this afternoon

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe

Greybird  :hug:
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 10:09:34 AM »
I hope you have a calmer rest of the day @Greybird . It is cloudy and windy again, I'm taking it easy today I've got sewing to do and maybe make a fruit cake. I am too stiff and sore to do much at the moment. I picked the first blooms from the Fantin-Latour rose and the smell is lovely. Have a good day.
Still learning

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 10:36:49 AM »
@Greybird, Ive 'liked' your post ...

Its not that I liked what you wrote but that I send all my love and sympathy for both you, your mum and your DH... Orrible disease!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 10:48:26 AM »
@Greybird - My heart goes out to you. <3 My mum turned into a person I really didn't like in the later stages of her dementia, but I felt so guilty for disliking her. Still do, even 2 years after her death. It's so hard for you. Big hugs. :hug:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath